Setting up DSR905 for AMC11 programming

Status
Please reply by conversation.
One more thing. I came home tonight, downloaded the guide from G1-3. I had at least 'till tomorrow afternoon loaded and I could see all the programs in the guide.
This was after I took a hit for some new programming. So I figured I had enough of the guide to get me through the evening.
I went to C3 to watch some tv and now when I hit the guide button it tells me "guide information can be found on G1-3" as if I hadn't already been there.
Should I have stayed on G1-3 longer? Any other suggestions?

Sometimes programming CSR's forget to turn the guide on.

You need to call them back and ask them to be sure the sub for the guide is turned on.

Then go back to G1-3 and push the guide button. You can then push options 6-0-5 and left arrow to diagnostics screen F.

Watch that window. As long as numbers are changing, it is still downloading the guide.

There are two columns on the left, and 2 numbers just to the right of the columns. The bottom number will remain constant and the one right above it will descend. When that upper number gets below 30, your guide is pretty well filled up.

As a last resort if there is no movement of numbers, push the info button while on that screen which will start the process over.

After that it is best to let it go through this all on it's own leaving the dish on G1-3 every night with the unit off. :)

Thing is I HAD the guide when I was on G1...............then I moved to C3 and I got the message telling me where to find the guide on G1.
I may swing it back to G1 before bed and see what happens overnight...........I really have to get a cable run to the house for the actuator.

Just to update, I ran the actuator cable and parked the dish on G1 over night and everything is working very smoothly now. Got the guide on Wed. night and it had 'till I believe about 7pm Fri. evening stored so that's pretty good. Now that I can move the dish from the house I'll park it on G1 every night.
Have some tweaking to do with my due south satellite and perhaps declination this weekend. It's supposed to warm up to about 32°F on Sunday so that'll be great!!!
Just getting the satellites stored and figuring out where everything is..............so much fun!!!
Not sure what I'm gonna do when it's all just the way I want it.......watch TV? Probably not. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts