Setting up my system

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Rickinok

Original poster
Nov 11, 2006
I have a P4 3 ghz with 1 gb pc 400 ram 256 mg Geforce nvidia card 19 inch monitor with built in TV.

All this is brand new and not even put together yet. I am also planning on installing a FTA Dish (currently have DTV/HD Dish with the 5 lnb's) and I am wanting to run it on my monitor.

Do I need a card like Twinham and a set top box like a Fortec to view the sattelites?Or,does the built in TV in the monitor take care of me?

Yes I am a newbie

RickinOkc

Welcome to the wonderful world of FTA Sat TV and this website.
Yes, you will definately need either the Twinhan or the DVB World USB box. Personally, I use the Twinhan 1020a pci card. Works very good with a P4 3.0Ghz
system. It will drive a motor, (depending on which app you use) but, I prefer to slave it thru my Pansat 2700a and let the Pansat do the moving.
The built-in TV in the monitor is for over the air signals, not sat signals.
I can watch PBS HD with my setup as well as all the other FTA SD signals out there.
My preferred viewing application is DVB Dream 1.3a. Very nice and easy to set up.
I am currently using a 31" Fortec dish with an SG-2100 motor. Overall, I have had lots of fun (and challanges) setting it up and using it. You will find playing with this stuff addictive.
grusome

Great,I can't wait to get all this set up. I used to have a BUD system and it was great,till the programs started dropping off. I am going to leave my DTV setup as is and add a KU and most likely a twinham card. I can get over OTA HD locals with just a decent antenae.

Main thing I am looking for is the wild sports feeds. I was wondering if you can get the NFL games on KU? I have the Sunday ticket but their prices are getting a bit over the top IMO. Plus,an extra $100.00 if you want to watch them in HD! I can't even get my Mizzou basketball games on DTV even though they are listed as playing.I get the blank screen saying it's not avalible in your area BS. I was hoping I could get those games on KU band.

Thanks for your input

Rick

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts