SG 2100 won't go west

Status
Please reply by conversation.

BarneyBean

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 26, 2007
Viewsat reciever, Primestar oval dish, sg 2100 approx 4-5 yrs old. I can go to setup and manually drive dish east but it won't come back west. Light turns green on reset but flashes red soon as I try to move dish. I can't really complain if its shot, I have not had to do anything to it since I installed it.

Have you got another receiver you could try on it? Just for grins....
If its worked that long, it could be at the end of its life.

if another receiver still doesn't work I would try to reset the motor with the paper clip in the tiny hole.
If that doesn't work you may have to disconnect the sensors and just use the motor on diseqc like I had to do.

Thats my only receiver as for disconecting sensors Im guessing your talking about opening up the unit. I may give that a shot but were expecting rain turning to snow so it will have to wait. thanks for the replys

Could be a stuck motor relay on the board. There's a thread where someone has posted pictures of their handiwork in replacing them. But be danged if I can find it.

Could be a stuck motor relay on the board. There's a thread where someone has posted pictures of their handiwork in replacing them. But be danged if I can find it.

On this subject, try researching "Walrus1957" as the poster. I thought he had laid out something about replacing the relays in an SG-2100 motor several years back. I know he did the work, we talked about it, but I don't recall how he posted it if he posted it at all, but you could fire up the SEARCH feature for this forum and find out with just a few digs here and there.

RADAR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)