sg9120

Status
Please reply by conversation.

walker69

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 30, 2010
Southern Indiana
I purchased a sg9120 motor from WSI and finally had some time to set it up.
My problem is, the motor is not recieving power. No lights, no sound from the motor. I have tried new cable runs (short runs next to the setup) and two different recievers (both coolsat 5000). Is there anyway to test if the motor is simply bad? If it is, I would not be a bit surprised. I have had a few issues with this company so far.

Thanks for any information.
Mark

My problem is, the motor is not recieving power. No lights, no sound from the motor. I have tried new cable runs (short runs next to the setup) and two different recievers (both coolsat 5000). Is there anyway to test if the motor is simply bad? If it is, I would not be a bit surprised. I have had a few issues with this company so far.

Mark

Mark,

Have you confirmed that the receiver(s) can operate a fixed dish system? I mean does it power your LNBF? If all is working there, then the motor should power up, too. Since it isn't, then the motor is likely bad from stock and should be returned. There are many things that you could do to repair it, but since it is new, I wouldn't open it and void your warranty, I would send it back for an exchange.

RADAR

Experence level

Mark

WSI is reputable and stands behind their stuff. Don't say what your FTA IQ is but that may be a factor.
Best to use a short cable from the receiver port that is not the loop out and have the motor sitting next to it. Then run the motor east back to zero and west then back to zero. Play with Diseqc 1.2 and usals to get a feel for it. Then mount it back on the mast. You Tube has some good videos on setting up a h-h motor.

are you using RG-6 coax? and are you running straight to the motor without any switches? and did you verify that the cable is on the correct port of the motor?

no lights, no sound, no cigarettes... this made me think of that old song, can't recall the name or the artist though. oh well

are you using RG-6 coax? and are you running straight to the motor without any switches? and did you verify that the cable is on the correct port of the motor?

no lights, no sound, no cigarettes... this made me think of that old song, can't recall the name or the artist though. oh well

No phone, no pool, no pets... I ain't got no cigarettes. Two hours of pushin' broom buys an 8x12 four bit room... I'm a man of means by no means, King of the Road! Roger Miller "King Of The Road" Excellent song!

Obviously, Mark should have checked and rechecked many things to ensure that he was certain that the motor was not in operational condition before stating that it was the fault of WSI or their provided equipment.

Our sponsors and most all equipment providers, regardless of being a sponsor here at SatelliteGuys are all quite reputable and provide excellent products. That does not mean that anyone cannot get a defective product, that happens and it is just life, but our sponsors stand behind their products and their reputations by making it right with their customers.

Any disagreements or dissatisfaction with a product should be handled between the customer and the sponsor/seller through a personal, private and direct manner as to give both parties an equal opportunity to correct the situation as opposed to any public and negative confrontations or comments. Such negative discussions do not resolve the problem and they serve no positive nor useful purpose.

Reporting a problem and asking for advice within the forum can be productive, but blanket statements indicating a customer's dissatifaction are usually not going to help resolve any situation, no matter where the fault may be.

RADAR

Just to reference an earlier post

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?p=2141969&#post2141969

I would like to thank Mr. Gurr of WSI for all of the help. I had several questions sent to him and each one was answered and explained to the best of knowledge. I would recommend WSI to anyone. Excellent service.

I had a problem with my first SG6000 which is the SG9120 with a plastic cog. That makes it DMSI's fault, not the vendor (was not WSI, BTW).

Exhaust you efforts with the vendor before slamming them.

First off I wasn't "slamming" nobody, I made a comment.
Would I recommend them to others? Yes I already have.
Would I buy from them again? Planning on it.

I did check and recheck to make sure it wasn't on my end. A Friend came by checked it out, took it home and called later that he got it running.
What he did I don't know as of yet.

First off I wasn't "slamming" nobody, I made a comment.
Would I recommend them to others? Yes I already have.
Would I buy from them again? Planning on it.

I did check and recheck to make sure it wasn't on my end. A Friend came by checked it out, took it home and called later that he got it running.
What he did I don't know as of yet.

Sorry, it came off that way. And I noticed other's read it that way. I posted your previous comment to put balance to this whole thing before it got out of hand. Perhaps I failed.

Oh well

I read your statement several times, I took it that you had issues with the company. The reason I did is because that's what you typed.

Not a big deal and life goes on! Glad your friend got your motor going hopefully you can post updates and let us know what he did.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts