Shaw Direct Signal in Az

Yes but not for much longer b'cuz you can't get the G1 bird in AZ and that's where all the channels are moving. So don't bother paying for a 800 if you have to buy one. (I don't know if you even can I think you have to rent them.)

Yes but not for much longer b'cuz you can't get the G1 bird in AZ and that's where all the channels are moving. So don't bother paying for a 800 if you have to buy one. (I don't know if you even can I think you have to rent them.)
Going forward are they any other options available for viewing Canadian tv in Az ? Specifically NHL hockey ?

Going forward are they any other options available for viewing Canadian tv in Az ? Specifically NHL hockey ?
I plan on taking my 830's down to AZ in October as a snowbird. No one seems sure at this time how long these channels on F2 will last and when that satellite will fall out of the sky so it could be day to day or month to month. My back up plan is to use my firestick loaded with apps such as Sportsnet, Global, CTV, Crave etc etc with a VPN to get my games and Canadian television. (I tested this last year and it worked) . To do this, you would need to keep your subscription with Shaw paid up.
You would have to think that Shaw would love to keep F2 running for as long as they can (until next spring would be absolute bonus) as there will be thousands of snowbirds phoning in to put their accounts "on vacation" for up to 6 months when that satellite dies.

You would have to think that Shaw would love to keep F2 running for as long as they can (until next spring would be absolute bonus) as there will be thousands of snowbirds phoning in to put their accounts "on vacation" for up to 6 months when that satellite dies.
Unfortunately for Shaw and their snowbirds, the longevity of the satellite is short or shorter.

Reactions: bayguy
Their published end of service from F2 date is planned for Feb 15. I would think Arizona is far enough north to maintain reception on the remaining channels until that date.

Is there any more information on this, has Shaw dropped the satellite we could normally pik up in Mesa AZ. We just arrived and I can't get a Shaw signal .
Thanks !!
Are all your channels gone? Some channels have been removed in the last 6 months. I'll be down to Mesa Oct 30 to check my channels. Let us know if you have this sorted out.

Are all your channels gone? Some channels have been removed in the last 6 months. I'll be down to Mesa Oct 30 to check my channels. Let us know if you have this sorted out.
please post your results. The Telesat page shows Anik G1 going as far south as central Wyoming, but there’s a fellow in Denver receiving with a 2.6m dish (39.6 degrees lat.)
60% of the channels are on G1 now. I’d be surprised if there was reception in Az. with a standard, 75cm dish.
I‘m hoping the bay area af Ca. (37.6 degrees) will be able to get reception with a larger dish.
CBC Newsworld and a pile of other channels move to G1 Nov. 15, so use that as your marker.

please post your results. The Telesat page shows Anik G1 going as far south as central Wyoming, but there’s a fellow in Denver receiving with a 2.6m dish (39.6 degrees lat.)
60% of the channels are on G1 now. I’d be surprised if there was reception in Az. with a standard, 75cm dish.
I‘m hoping the bay area af Ca. (37.6 degrees) will be able to get reception with a larger dish.
CBC Newsworld and a pile of other channels move to G1 Nov. 15, so use that as your marker.
I think TravelerG is speaking about F2

Their published end of service from F2 date is planned for Feb 15. I would think Arizona is far enough north to maintain reception on the remaining channels until that date.
ok, thanks !!
But, if anyone in the Mesa area is currently (Oct 2023) getting Shaw it would be really helpful to know.

Right, I cant get my system to lock onto the Shaw signal at all, so no channels at all. This is a 75cm Shaw dish on the roof of our motorhome.

Right, I cant get my system to lock onto the Shaw signal at all, so no channels at all. This is a 75cm Shaw dish on the roof of our motorhome.
hmm. You should be still able to receive all the F2 channels until mid-Feb. 2024. F2’s orbit has declined a bit, but I haven’t changed my dish position in 10 years, so the skew/az angles haven’t changed.

Your dish might have moved over the summer (bad winds). If I get my 630 to work after Oct 30, you can bring over your receiver at my place and check it there. That will illuminate everything but your dish and cable.

Your dish might have moved over the summer (bad winds). If I get my 630 to work after Oct 30, you can bring over your receiver at my place and check it there. That will illuminate everything but your dish and cable.
Much appreciated. It has for sure moved as we are in a motorhome and just arrived here in AZ. In the meantime I'm going to check all my connections from the roof into the satellite locator box and into the shaw box to make sure nothing rattled loose on the ride down. All was working well when we were using it in Canada 2 months ago.