Shocking News: McGwire Admits Using Steroids!!!!

OK...we are gonna go line-by-line here.

I, for one, do not think there are many players who DIDN'T respect the game. IF they didn't, they would have not busted their ass to get there. You respect what your profession is....you don't....like you and I, you get sloppy at work and get fired.

...OK...this one is great. On the previous line, you state he is a respected HOFer...here, you are making him sound like a equipment manager for a last place team. In his late years, I worked at Chicago Sportschannel that covered the White Sox. He had TONS of influence both in the clubhouse AND out of the White Sox clubhouse SO, which is it...he COULD do something about it or not?

That is very true....BUT, FACT IS...they ALL KNEW what was going on and they could not police themselves. HE was part of the problem and did NOTHING for the solution. It's no different than someone living in a high crime area that bitches and moans about the crime...but if they SEE crime every day...why are you not reporting it??!! :confused:

I am saying he sounds like he's upset that OTHERS cashed in and he didn't or he may be pulling a Palmiero. And HOW do we know when the steroid era really started?? I don't know, in 1990...at age 42....FORTY TWO....he played 137 games at catcher with 18 HRs. For a guy that was "old"...those are pretty damn good numbers. In fact, he had one year(1987) where he hit 37 HRs and 107 RBIs...at age 37...when he had NEVER hit more than 26 any year before....AND he averaged just as many homers AFTER he was 35 as he did BEFORE he was 35(17.25 to 16.75) ...I don't know...sounds fishy to me...:rolleyes:

Sounds like a disgruntled former employee to me.....

There is no evidence at all that that Fisk used any kind of performance enhancing drug. And you think Fisk would be so vocal about it and go after these guys if he did ? I remember a story written about him showing the work he put in and the way he took care of himself . I believe it was in Sports Illustrated. Many players drank beer and some even smoked. Fisk may have when he was younger but he didn't in the 1980''s . He worked out , he saw a nutritional expert. That's why many in the Hall of Fame don't want to see these cheats in the Hall of Fame. Jim Rice has attacked these guys as well, so has Curt Schilling. And before this ever came out everyone with a brain new that Mark McGwire and Sammy Sosa were using steroids. This was being talked about while they were playing .
You just can't attack someone like this just because they have the guts to call these guys out for what they are. Again, Fisk loved the game and he still does. That's why it hurts him to see these frauds .

Last edited:
There is no evidence at all that that Fisk used any kind of performance enhancing drug. And you think Fisk would be so vocal about it and go after these guys if he did ? I remember a story written about him showing the work he put in and the way he took care of himself . I believe it was in Sports Illustrated. Many players drank beer and some even smoked. Fisk may have when he was younger but he didn't in the 1980''s . He worked out , he saw a nutritional expert. That's why many in the Hall of Fame don't want to see these cheats in the Hall of Fame. Jim Rice has attacked these guys as well, so has Curt Schilling. And before this ever came out everyone with a brain new that Mark McGwire and Sammy Sosa were using steroids. This was being talked about while they were playing .
You just can't attack someone like this just because they have the guts to call these guys out for what they are. Again, Fisk loved the game and he still does. That's why it hurts him to see these frauds .

There have been ALOT of players that they have NO PROOF on. Again, he had pull late in the season...as you stated...and did NOTHING. He is crying wolf now because he did not get a piece of the pie.

And the OTHER one....Curt Schilling...sorry...the jury is out on that jerkball.

This thread was resurrected? Holy Jose Canseco!

OK, everyone...you are not going to change salsadancer's mind. Not now, not ever. He will staunchly defend McGwire for anything and everything. What's the big deal here? He's entitled to his opinion, and in his opinion steroids did not help McGwire hit more home runs per season, they just lengthened his career. It's OK for one person to have that opinion.

OK, salsadancer...you are not going to change everyone else's mind. Not now, not ever. It's OK for people to bring up evidence, you don't need to refute every single statement by every single person...whether they're just a forum poster, or a steroids expert.

Sandra

This thread was resurrected? Holy Jose Canseco!

OK, everyone...you are not going to change salsadancer's mind. Not now, not ever. He will staunchly defend McGwire for anything and everything. What's the big deal here? He's entitled to his opinion, and in his opinion steroids did not help McGwire hit more home runs per season, they just lengthened his career. It's OK for one person to have that opinion.

OK, salsadancer...you are not going to change everyone else's mind. Not now, not ever. It's OK for people to bring up evidence, you don't need to refute every single statement by every single person...whether they're just a forum poster, or a steroids expert.

Sandra

LOL! Nice.....:rolleyes: Did you once say that numbers don't lie AND the numbers can be read any way someone wants? LOL!

There have been ALOT of players that they have NO PROOF on. Again, he had pull late in the season...as you stated...and did NOTHING. He is crying wolf now because he did not get a piece of the pie.

And the OTHER one....Curt Schilling...sorry...the jury is out on that jerkball.
Piece of the pie? Fisk was one of the highest paid players when he played. And he's doing just fine today. He's not broke or unemployed. As for Schilling the jury isn't out for him when it comes to steroids. I would bet anyone here that he and Fisk never used them. Any player that played and didn't use steroids should call these cheaters out for what they are.

Piece of the pie? Fisk was one of the highest paid players when he played. And he's doing just fine today. He's not broke or unemployed. As for Schilling the jury isn't out for him when it comes to steroids. I would bet anyone here that he and Fisk never used them. Any player that played and didn't use steroids should call these cheaters out for what they are.

Eh, that's just salsadancer's opinion, which he's entitled to. Not based on fact whatsoever. He just makes it sound like it is.

Even salsadancer says 'opinions are like A$$*****, everybody has one.

Any proof you know for sure that Fisk is 'crying wolf', salsadancer?

Sandra

Last edited:
Not sure your relevance here, but...Snookie says wha' eva' ;)

I guess McGwire didn't really hit 70 home runs in one season. It was all a lie!

Sandra

?

jersey-shore-snookie.jpg

I agree now. I think Steroids didn't help Mark McGwire hit all those home runs.
I also believe
Dale Jr. will win the championship this year.
Danica Patrick with win a NASCAR Championship this year
911 was an inside job.
We never landed on the moon.
Richard Simmons will father children some day.
The Internet is a fad.
Black and White TV will make a comeback .
Aliens keep hiding my remote control.
Oliver Stone killed JFK and covered it up by making a movie about a cover up.
Oprah and Dr. Phil will get married.

A little disclaimer here, I spend all day in Fantasy Land at Disney World on Sunday. It might have effected my thinking, at least temporarily.

I agree now. I think Steroids didn't help Mark McGwire hit all those home runs.
I also believe
Dale Jr. will win the championship this year.
Danica Patrick with win a NASCAR Championship this year
911 was an inside job.
We never landed on the moon.
Richard Simmons will father children some day.
The Internet is a fad.
Black and White TV will make a comeback .
Aliens keep hiding my remote control.
Oliver Stone killed JFK and covered it up by making a movie about a cover up.
Oprah and Dr. Phil will get married.

A little disclaimer here, I spend all day in Fantasy Land at Disney World on Sunday. It might have effected my thinking, at least temporarily.

:D :D :D

How about...

Glen Sather will build the Rangers into a Stanley Cup contender
Conan O'Brien runs NBC
Rex Ryan is secretly thin but wears a fat suit so people think he's jolly
That person in the kiosk at the mall is really going to show me a cool new way to wear my hair
The Williams sisters are actually only one person and a one really good mirror
Brett Favre really might retire this time
The Pac-10 is going to send three teams to the final four this year
North Carolina will play in the NIT
A Nigerian prince just left me a whole lot of money
Tim Tebow will say a curse word
The Mets will be healthy this year

Sandra

:D :D :D

How about...

Glen Sather will build the Rangers into a Stanley Cup contender
Conan O'Brien runs NBC
Rex Ryan is secretly thin but wears a fat suit so people think he's jolly
That person in the kiosk at the mall is really going to show me a cool new way to wear my hair
The Williams sisters are actually only one person and a one really good mirror
Brett Favre really might retire this time
The Pac-10 is going to send three teams to the final four this year
North Carolina will play in the NIT
A Nigerian prince just left me a whole lot of money
Tim Tebow will say a curse word
The Mets will be healthy this year

Sandra

:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)