Shocking News: McGwire Admits Using Steroids!!!!

They help you hit the ball too then?

It's like being smart, if you don't know how to apply that talent it means diddly squat.

Stephen Hawking could be the smartest drooling guy on the planet if he thought space was boring and instead applied his genius to just staring at a blank wall and call it 'analyzing potential'. Though he's so smart that he'd find something revolutionary there anyways too.

McGuire was a baseball player, taking steroids made him a better one statistically, it didn't turn him into a baseball player.

I already went through this and I completely agree. Too many people here equate PEDs to becoming INSTANTLY better baseball players. Don't waste your breath.

Lets give JaMarcus Russel some steroids, see how well he plays QB then.

He might throw THREW WRs instead of over them.....:p

I already went through this and I completely agree. Too many people here equate PEDs to becoming INSTANTLY better baseball players. Don't waste your breath.
No. The issue is that they benefited from something they shouldn't have. These guys had enough real ability to reach the majors anyway. McGwire was a good ballplayer before he bulked up. The drugs made it possible for him, and others to perform better than they could have otherwise.

Look at what steroids do to Olympic athletes. Track athletes are fast to begin with. Give them some drugs and they can outrun a cheetah. That's what's Bullsh!t. I don't know why that's such a hard concept for some to understand.

No. The issue is that they benefited from something they shouldn't have. These guys had enough real ability to reach the majors anyway. McGwire was a good ballplayer before he bulked up. The drugs made it possible for him, and others to perform better than they could have otherwise.

Look at what steroids do to Olympic athletes. Track athletes are fast to begin with. Give them some drugs and they can outrun a cheetah. That's what's Bullsh!t. I don't know why that's such a hard concept for some to understand.

Do you think these guys did the stuff to break records...they did it because when that next contract comes up, they might get 5 years guaranteed of on the contract instead of 3.

YOU wouldn't do it right? Well, when the difference is 3 years for $15 million or 5 years for $70 million....THEN come talk to me if you wouldn't think twice when the OTHER guy gets that contract....:rolleyes:

...why is THAT so hard a concept for some to understand....

Like McGwire's use of steroids, here's more shocking baseball stuff we never knew:

Denny McLain grooved Mickey Mantle's 500th HR ... Gaylord Perry doctored baseballs . . . Pete Rose bet on games . . .

Well said Anders...:up

Sandra

I can attest to that. The dude hit a HR in high school while playing my high school's team that must have traveled over 400 feet. The furthest HR I have ever seen hit on that field.

ETA: Looked it up on-line and according to the website, the ball went 320 ft:
http://www.mcgwire.com/facts.html

http://books.google.com/books?id=MO...v=onepage&q=mark mcgwire ganesha high&f=false

http://articles.latimes.com/1998/sep/06/sports/sp-20179

(Disclaimer) Side effects include:

Nausea
Fatigue
Impotence
Weight gain
Sleepiness
Nervousness
Dry mouth
Blurred vision
Thoughts of suicide
The major effects of anabolic steroid use include liver tumors, jaundice, fluid retention, and high blood pressure. Additional side effects include the following: for men shrinking of the testicles, reduced sperm count, infertility, baldness, development of breasts; for women growth of facial hair, changes in or cessation of the menstrual cycle, deepened voice; for adolescents growth halted prematurely through premature skeletal maturation and accelerated puberty changes. Researchers report that users may suffer from paranoid jealousy, extreme irritability, delusions, and impaired judgment stemming from feelings of invincibility.
What's worse??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)