Should I make any changes?

I guess we need to know how many rooms the OP wants separate. The sample I gave was to compare to what he has now, 5 separate TVs.

Your samples were good info. I was just offering suggestions for him on how to save on the 2 extra Joeys since he seems to be about saving money. He said those other rooms are little viewed and I don't know how much he knows about the Hopper system. Hopper system is great, but multiple rooms add up quick. If they're hardly viewed there are cheaper ways to cover them without having full compliment of Joeys if independent viewing is not needed.

Doesn't look like he's been back since his last post in this thread. Curious what he ends up doing.

The $17 charge is for the second dual tuner DVR on your account, probably the one with the bad hard drive.

If you replace it with a ViP222 (not easy to find anymore) the cost will be $14, if you replace it with a ViP612 the cost will be $10, if you replace it with a 211, the cost will be $7 per month.

I really appreciate the suggestions and information folks. Here's what I've done with it. last weekend I ordered another diplexer, the DPD2 on eBay for $2 free shipping. It arrived today and I then tested my basements 211k using it where the 622 upstairs is, it worked and fed both TV's one hdmi and one channel 3 using the diplexer just like the 622 did. I then put a post on Craigslist (Milwaukee) tonight under wanted for a 211 or 311 dish network receiver from a paid up account. if I'm able to acquire one after I verify its balance, ill see if dish will activate it and deactivate the 622 at the same time without a new contract and fee. I'm a year off contract so I should have decent leverage if I keep trying, not afraid to try calling multiple times.
This should reduce my $17 622 charge to a $7 charge and save $120 a year.

... update - I don't know why I'm just thinking about this now as a real option, since all the wiring is there. Probably because I traced everything and diagrammed it out and understand exactly what I need to do. And maybe my mind didn't want to make too drastic a change or something. I'm going to set it up today - use the 211k in basement, pull the 622 out of the system, and put the UHF diplexers into service with the 211k, and a normal TV splitter to feed BOTH spare 2nd floor rooms off the output of the uhf part of the 2nd diplexer. All the wiring is there and I already diagrammed it. The Dish installer had left a few loops of slack on every wire to begin with that will aid me on this :)

Only thing left to do after that is order the Dish UHF Remote Kit for $40, I've got 3 UHF remotes to use with it already with those 2 rooms. I see that kit available online on eBay and parts sites, maybe when I call Dish do disable the 622 today I can get better deal on it.

Savings $17/month.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts