Should I switch from Uverse to DirecTV?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

maverick22

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 8, 2015
Dallas, TX
I am enjoying Uverse TV. It has been rock solid the past 2 years. I enjoy the "no rain fade" or going out in rain/storms. Also, I love Uverse's app for recording. I can very quickly what I find to record (games as well). With DirecTV's app, searching for a game is the biggest pain! I search for "Dallas Mavericks," and I get every NBA game. I don't get it.

Have things gotten better/worse since AT&T bought them? I could save $20-30/month depending on which package I went with by switching to DTV. I like the idea of better PQ with DTV and my Internet not dropping with every tuner being used as is the case with Uverse.

What are your thoughts? Thanks in advance!

I am enjoying Uverse TV. It has been rock solid the past 2 years. I enjoy the "no rain fade" or going out in rain/storms. Also, I love Uverse's app for recording. I can very quickly what I find to record (games as well). With DirecTV's app, searching for a game is the biggest pain! I search for "Dallas Mavericks," and I get every NBA game. I don't get it.

Have things gotten better/worse since AT&T bought them? I could save $20-30/month depending on which package I went with by switching to DTV. I like the idea of better PQ with DTV and my Internet not dropping with every tuner being used as is the case with Uverse.

What are your thoughts? Thanks in advance!
While you could save some money each month, realize that within a period of time, the savings will be gone (assuming you're talking about an intro rate of some sort).

You've got to decide what works best for you. If it isn't broke, sometimes it's not worth fixing, and switching services like that to save some money of the course of maybe a year can sometimes not be worth the hassle of total infrastructure change.

Then again, the DirecTV streaming services sound like they're getting hot and heavy coming down next quarter; it might be worthwhile to see what's happening with all of that before making a commitment (because you will have to make a 2-year commitment with DirecTV if you move now).

I just switched from Uverse to Directv & loving it so far. With DTV new 2 year promo I will be saving about $40 per month over 2 years with more features & better pq. Internet has also improved now that there's no more sharing of bandwidth for video.

I would say do it as Uverse TV will be phased out in the future by ATT anyway.

Sent from my SM-N910T using the SatelliteGuys app!

I thought that AT&T are merging the two? Isn't there something in the works where a customer can switch between the two, meaning that a customer can use what is U-Verse and have a sat dish too, in case the line for U-Verse goes down? Or, vice versa, they can use Directv primarily, but switch to U-Verse when rain fade hits? I thought that I read that something to that effect is on development. If so, then when that happens, the point is moot, right?

ATT will package anything just to get you to add more services. My daughter has ATT cells, home phone, security system, security cameras. All from ATT. Every time she has a cell problem and goes by the store, they sell her an upgrade that initially saves her money, but costs a fortune in the long run. I even think she has direct deposit with ATT, because they get most of her pay check.:biggrin

Reactions: bmetelsky
ATT will package anything just to get you to add more services. My daughter has ATT cells, home phone, security system, security cameras. All from ATT. Every time she has a cell problem and goes by the store, they sell her an upgrade that initially saves her money, but costs a fortune in the long run. I even think she has direct deposit with ATT, because they get most of her pay check.:biggrin
Thats on Her then to say No.

Any other opinions?

Thanks

If you're happy with UVerse I'd stay where you are for awhile. The two services will probably be merged eventually, but both have advantages. I had UVerse a few years ago and it was very nice except for the HD picture quality of the local channels (I think the encoders used for locals weren't up to the same level of quality as national channels).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)