Should they end this skyangel forum

No as SkyAngel is still alive, however ater it shuts down its Satellite Operations then all Skyangel Talk will be in our IPTV forum.

I think it should be held open for a while after DBS is shut down. Lifetime members may still have "issues" they will want to discuss.

It doesn't matter if it is here or in the IPTV forum (where it should be after satellite service shuts down). There just needs to be one so that we can warn potential subscribers what type of company that they are dealing with. My bet is that they won't be around two years from now.

it wont go away. Heck we still have the Voom 550 receiver forum....and Voom's been gone for a while now :)

Voom as the satellite company is gone

The Voom HD channels are on dish.....but the Voom box will not work on Dish. It pretty much works as OTA so we still have the forum for the 550 being used as OTA

I almost signed up for VOOM just before it went down. Well it's nice that at least their receivers are still good for more than being a door stop.

There was another company (I forget the name) I remember seeing some articles about a few years ago that only materialized in a few states. It had a box with OTA pay channels + a digital tuner but I think it failed in it's national rollout. I'm guessing due to money and delays in those digital sub channels being available to transmit their paid content. I almost bought that box just as a digital tuner (I think it was like $200 at my local Wally World) and instead I just bought a HDTV.

After posting I remembered the name of that company was USDTV and did a search for it and came up with this linky:

Lessons From USDTV’s Demise - 7/24/2006 - Broadcasting & Cable

Wow! This is something I wish Dominion would have considered!!

I obviously have not researched the practicability of this, but to me it looks like the technology has possibilities. If Dominion were in a position to provide service to anyone with an OTA signal they might be able to draw customers using the model I suggested elsewhere.

Just a thought!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts