Shows on EHD are erased after watching! Known problem?

Thats a good sign. :)

Can anyone verify this?

Anyone got banner ads in their guide yet?

BANNER ADS? Ugh.... I'm thinking I'd rather deal with programs randomly deleting themselves then yet MORE commercials....

You should try a Charter cable tv dvr. There's so many ads on those things, you can't find the tv programs... That's one of the reasons I originally switched to Dish (that and Voom (MonstersHD), and we know what happened there...) :rant:

Last week I purchased a Western Digital Elements 1TB External Hard Drive (WDBAAU0010HBK-NESN). I have transferred about 350GB to the drive. I have tried repeatedly, and I have not been able reproduce the delete bug. I tried every way that I learned to provoke the delete bug and so far nothing has been erased!

I have been having the delete problem for a long time (I started this thread on January 29th), but now it looks like I have joined the group who has never seen the erasure problem! BTW, I still have software version L625.

Last week I purchased a Western Digital Elements 1TB External Hard Drive (WDBAAU0010HBK-NESN). I have transferred about 350GB to the drive. I have tried repeatedly, and I have not been able reproduce the delete bug. I tried every way that I learned to provoke the delete bug and so far nothing has been erased!

I have been having the delete problem for a long time (I started this thread on January 29th), but now it looks like I have joined the group who has never seen the erasure problem! BTW, I still have software version L625.

You've played the same program twice and stopped it at any point twice and it hasn't gone away? Man, if that's true, I want your receiver.... ;)

You've played the same program twice and stopped it at any point twice and it hasn't gone away? Man, if that's true, I want your receiver.... ;)

Yes, I have done this every day since purchasing the new EHD, and so far nothing has been deleted. With my other EHD (on the same receiver) I had the random delete bug. I probably should have put this in my previous post...my EHD with the delete problem is a Seagate Barracuda drive in a Maxtor enclosure. So I can confirm that certain EHDs do not have the delete bug (as others have posted).

Last edited:
I do have this issue with my WD 1T My Book on a 622, but I also have another issue.

I can't seem to erase anything from the drive when I want to. I check off the item and select erase but it stays on the menu and on the drive.

I can't seem to erase anything from the drive when I want to. I check off the item and select erase but it stays on the menu and on the drive.

I have had this happen to me twice and the only way I found to fix it was to copy everything off the drive and on to a second drive and then reformat the first drive :mad:. One thing is that you could use this to create multiple copies of shows which is otherwise difficult to do.

I do have this issue with my WD 1T My Book on a 622, but I also have another issue.

When you restore it to the IHD, is it removed from your EHD? If so, that might be a way around having to reformat your drive...or get stuck with something you want to get rid of...

Yes, I have done this every day since purchasing the new EHD, and so far nothing has been deleted. With my other EHD (on the same receiver) I had the random delete bug. I probably should have put this in my previous post...my EHD with the delete problem is a Seagate Barracuda drive in a Maxtor enclosure. So I can confirm that certain EHDs do not have the delete bug (as others have posted).

That's amazing...wish my EHDs would behave like that... They used to before The Bug...

Can't Erase? - Your EHD is probably corrupted

I figured someone else would post this. You're EHD is corrupted (there may be a defective event, or two). A Linux scan disk might be able to return normal operation. There is some risk. The stuff you REALLY want to be restored to the IHD with the standard process.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...-drive-archive-bug-thread-29.html#post1887854

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...-drive-archive-bug-thread-29.html#post1887894

I figured someone else would post this. You're EHD is corrupted (there may be a defective event, or two). A Linux scan disk might be able to return normal operation. There is some risk. The stuff you REALLY want to be restored to the IHD with the standard process.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...-drive-archive-bug-thread-29.html#post1887854

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...-drive-archive-bug-thread-29.html#post1887894

I'm not overly concerned with the data on the drive, is there an easy way to go here?

To start a disk from scratch, you must either delete all the shows on it or format it with a different OS: Windows, MacOS, or Linux. Then the receiver will treat it a new drive and ask to format it for Dish. This does not assure you that your current bad spot will be ignored. It may be better to just use a new drive and use the current one for computer backup.

I would move the shows one at a time to another external and then "erase" the drive.
-Ken

Last edited:
Looks like L627 fixes the ehd deleting show problem. I noticed I had the 627 update on my machine so i tested my ehd and no shows got deleted.

Finally...

Looks like L627 fixes the ehd deleting show problem. I noticed I had the 627 update on my machine so i tested my ehd and no shows got deleted.

Finally...

Still at L625 here, but glad to hear that L627 fixes it...now if they'd just send the update this direction...

Until then, my signature will remain unchanged...

I am still on L625. :(
I have disconnected all my external hard drives and I am not touching them until this bug is fixed.

C'mon, Dish!!! This is an ugly bug and it must be fixed without further delay!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts