sick of disputes

Fine, and that's one of the real reasons Dish is losing customers. They are at a competitive disadvantage against the conglomerates. Dish is the only top 5 MVPD that can't offer bundles of other meaningful service. Dishnet is worthless unless it's your only other option for internet, so that doesn't count.
Actually they changed it, and you are correct.
Now DIRECTV doesn't discount their service, it's a $20 plan credit.

I don't know if they do it for internet customers as.
I just looked at my Sister in laws bill.

She has 4 rooms of Directv and the ATT all included plan.
Instead of paying the $200 for her old basepackage, They now give her the 22GB unlimited plan for $168.

So I think you get the discounts on the ATT side after the promo runs out.

It used to be Select in 4 rooms with 4 Cell phones with 10 gigs was $200

Apparently they don't do that anymore except for New customer promos .

It's a mess. That's why I don't do bundles anymore.
It's only a savings when you spend more, Not when you spend less.
I hope dish doesn't bundle.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Reactions: STDog
I agree that bundles aren't for everyone. But when it's bundled services you would buy anyway it's nice to have the savings. For instance, with the DTV 4-room promo, if you only need 2 rooms then you would actually pay more with all inclusive. Perhaps that's why they changed to 2 rooms. More customers that can utilize that.

Obviously since I have Att, if I went to Directv it would be a no brainer to bundle.

Especially since I could save significantly in the first 2 years, and probably still be on par with Dish out of a promo.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Obviously since I have Att, if I went to Directv it would be a no brainer to bundle.

Especially since I could save significantly in the first 2 years, and probably still be on par with Dish out of a promo.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
I look hard into that. The two year savings($18:00 per) wasn't worth it to me. And after the promo, Direct would be $18.00 more...at today's rates with both.

I look hard into that. The two year savings($18:00 per) wasn't worth it to me. And after the promo, Direct would be $18.00 more...at today's rates with both.
But my cell phone bill would go down to $168, from $188.
And my data plan would go from 15GB to 22GB

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Do you like making up your own facts? Locals are STILL free for those who are willing to put up antennas. Yes, some people can not receive OTA. I personally would have no problem with those who can't get OTA not being charged for locals.

I'm one of them. It's almost impossible for me to receive local OTA so I have to depend on Dish for them. I think it's outrageous that the stations think that they have to charge Dish to carry their signal. It's free OTA and should be free to Dish.

Exact opposite for me , Verizon won't even give me service because they don't even have one tower in the county.
And Verizon can suck my left Nut !!!
Worst company in America...

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Well we agree on that. I have actual contempt for Verizon.

It's a mess. That's why I don't do bundles anymore.
It's only a savings when you spend more, Not when you spend less.
I hope dish doesn't bundle.

The last thing I want s to be stuff on a particular carrier because my TV/internet bill will go up if I switch.

I refused and continue to refuse any cell phone contracts/payment plans because I want the option to switch providers open.
I could currently switch and get more data (2.5x) for less on the 4 lines I have. But I haven't decided if the extras I get now are are worth the $20/mo. But at least it's my choice. If I was in a bundle I'd loose most of the savings from a switch to the increased cost of other services.

My last 24 mo agreement with dish was 2011 for equipment updates (and avoiding DVR fees). No plans for another unless something really cool happens. Hopper could have been it, but the fees negated that. Get me a 3+ tuner system that shares recording with all 3 rooms and doesn't cost me more than $15/mo in fees for all 3 rooms. Until then my current setup is just fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)