GEOSATpro Signal Level Reading 59%

cyberham

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
Halfmoon Bay, British Columbia
With my Openbox S9, I became accustomed to always seeing signal level reading of 90% regardless of signal quality. With the microHD, I see 59% signal level on some satellites and 90% on others. Even when reading is 59%, signal quality may still be 70+% and channel is visibly perfect.

I wonder if above indicates I am not exactly pointed at the given satellite and "amount of signal" being received is not at maximum. Or is it just that some satellites have lower power output. My question: is this normal? I already think I am not exactly on the arc for other reasons, and I will be doing a complete re-orientation as soon as weather is warm enough I don't need to wear gloves outside.

Signal level is simply that. The strength of the IF signal measured at the tuner. This can be affected by the firmware settings, satellite output power, the LNBF amplification (either desirable signal or amplification noise), cable length, tuner sensitivity. The Signal Level will vary between satellites and transponders.

On the micro, a signal level of 45 and quality of 0 usually results when the dish is not receiving a signal from the satellite, but the LNBF is connected.

What I'm liking is while searching for a satellite, signal level jumps from 0 to 49 when moving the dish and tuned to an active tp like a warning you are close to receiving a signal. As you get the dish more precisely aimed, then the signal quality appears. This was how I was able to find 15W.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts