Signal loss on satellite 2??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Amanda Cravy

Original poster
Aug 27, 2017
Texas
A few months ago our network channels started breaking up and we started getting a 771 error, signal loss on satellite 2.

It's happening on both of our boxes.

The guide works fine and all the other channels work fine. We just can't watch any of.our local network channels.

Our signal is at 78% on 110 and 92% 95% on 101 and 98% on 119.
We have a triple LNB and 2 DVR boxes.

Ideas?

what is your zip code? Do you only have SD channels?

:welcome to Satelliteguys Amanda Cravy!

Sounds like a bad lnb.

Could be. Amanda, what are your signal strength numbers on satellite 101 transponders 28 and 31? That's where your local sd channels are. Do you have 99 and 103 in the signal strength menu? If so, your hd channels are on 103s, 16 and 24.

My zip is 75980.

On 101 transponder 28 says 89 and 31 says 89.

We just have SD channels.

Our guide loads and works just fine. The guy at Direct TV yesterday told me that if my LNB were bad then my guide wouldn't load.

Honestly I have no idea. They offered to send a tech out at my expense. Trying to avoid that if it all possible. We live in the sticks so they always end up charging more.

My Dish and LNB is around 10 years old. Boxes are DVR's and are less than two years old.

My zip is 75980.

On 101 transponder 28 says 89 and 31 says 89.

We just have SD channels.

Our guide loads and works just fine. The guy at Direct TV yesterday told me that if my LNB were bad then my guide wouldn't load.

Honestly I have no idea. They offered to send a tech out at my expense. Trying to avoid that if it all possible. We live in the sticks so they always end up charging more.

My Dish and LNB is around 10 years old. Boxes are DVR's and are less than two years old.
Can you post all of your signal strengths for 101?

Looks like you are in the Tyler dma, not where I thought you were. Your sd locals are on 119 transponder 31. What's your signal strength there?

119 transponder 31 says hmm

Line 25-32 reads like this
0 92 0 89 0 91 0 91

Also,my mother in law lives next door. She is having the exact same problem. Her local channels won't come in good. The only difference is, she lives on a hill with no trees anywhere. I live towards the bottom of the hill and I do have a lot of trees.

After going back and forth with DTV, today they sent out a tech at no charge to me.

He said my signal strength is great! He installed a new dish and it's perfect now!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)