"Signal mod's"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tim Godsil

On Vacation
Original poster
Jan 31, 2007
I hear every now and then saying there signal on there satellite is 0-100% with the signal mods. What are signal mods?

DirectDishNet
user_online.gif

No Problems here. It depends how it is installed. Yes, The 129 has a lower signal strength than the 119/110 but that should not have anything to do with picture breaking up if it is pointed correct. I have a 129 dish 1000.2 and never loose signal or pixelating. If you want HD go ahead and get it, The installer will install a new dish and you can watch the signal meter on your TV while he is pointing it. Ask him/her to put the 129 signal meter on the check switch screen while he/she is pointing the dish. It's all in the installer my friend. 129 satellite in Phoenix, AZ is usually at around 55% with the signal modifications. I use a birdog meter so I tweek the signal max while I am pointing. I would say "Go For It"

Like Osu1991 said, Dish Network's different receiver's signal meters were not calibrated in anyway. Example (Just to give you an idea of what I mean, the numbers are not accurate):

A Dish Network 2700's signal reading of 110% was not the same as a Dish Network 4900's signal reading of 110%. :(

So Dish Network changed their signal meters , what you call a "Signal MOD" so that all their receivers give similar results for the same signal quality. :D

Now a 2700's reading of 50% is the same as a 4900's reading of 50%. :)

This has nothing to do with FTA so you don't have to worry :) , unless you also subscribe to Dish Network.

The only "Signal MOD" with FTA is to get a different size dish :eureka (I had to say that :D)

It would be nice if all FTA receivers would read the signal the same way (preferably similar to the meter on a Pansat or on the Visionsat), with 100 being top quality, and 30-40 being threshold. It would make comparing signals here on the forum much simpler :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts