"Signal mod's"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tim Godsil

On Vacation
Jan 31, 2007
I hear every now and then saying there signal on there satellite is 0-100% with the signal mods. What are signal mods?

Tim Godsil

On Vacation
Jan 31, 2007
DirectDishNet
user_online.gif

No Problems here. It depends how it is installed. Yes, The 129 has a lower signal strength than the 119/110 but that should not have anything to do with picture breaking up if it is pointed correct. I have a 129 dish 1000.2 and never loose signal or pixelating. If you want HD go ahead and get it, The installer will install a new dish and you can watch the signal meter on your TV while he is pointing it. Ask him/her to put the 129 signal meter on the check switch screen while he/she is pointing the dish. It's all in the installer my friend. 129 satellite in Phoenix, AZ is usually at around 55% with the signal modifications. I use a birdog meter so I tweek the signal max while I am pointing. I would say "Go For It"

qwert1515

SatelliteGuys TheList
Sep 26, 2005
Los Angeles CA
Like Osu1991 said, Dish Network's different receiver's signal meters were not calibrated in anyway. Example (Just to give you an idea of what I mean, the numbers are not accurate):

A Dish Network 2700's signal reading of 110% was not the same as a Dish Network 4900's signal reading of 110%. :(

So Dish Network changed their signal meters , what you call a "Signal MOD" so that all their receivers give similar results for the same signal quality. :D

Now a 2700's reading of 50% is the same as a 4900's reading of 50%. :)

This has nothing to do with FTA so you don't have to worry :) , unless you also subscribe to Dish Network.

The only "Signal MOD" with FTA is to get a different size dish :eureka (I had to say that :D)

Tron

SatelliteGuys Master
May 6, 2005
Metro New Orleans, LA
It would be nice if all FTA receivers would read the signal the same way (preferably similar to the meter on a Pansat or on the Visionsat), with 100 being top quality, and 30-40 being threshold. It would make comparing signals here on the forum much simpler :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)