Status
Please reply by conversation.

colt45allstar

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 3, 2008
Starting to get really frustrated here.

I signed up over a month ago through directsattv.com

Paid a small fortune (mostly due to my bad credit... I own up to that)

Ordered one high definition dvr and two standard dvr's

Also got MLB extra innings and paid full price for ESPN Full Court (and the College Basketball season's half way over all ready by now!)

The local installer they use Installs R us are turning into a nightmare to work with.

The initial installation date there was a bad ice storm here and that's understandable.

The next one, I got called into work at the last minute and thus couldn't be here.. again not the fault of the installer or directsattv.

However this past Monday the stars were aligned and Installs R Us got here installed the dish and things were going well, only to find that DirectSatTv forgot to send a splitter and another piece was broken.

They re mailed the splitter and the broken piece and both arrived on Wednesday Afternoon. I then preceded to call Installs R us and they said someone would be here by around 10:00 AM today.

Here we are at 9 minutes until 1:00 and they are nowhere to be found, furthermore the installer that was here gave my brother his direct cell phone line and when you call it you get a phone number not available message. I've tried to call Installs R US about 20 times today and only get an automated message saying they are either out of the office or helping other customers. I called Direct Sat TV and they were unable to get through to installs r us either and emailed them requesting a call back.

Am I right to be ticked the heck off? I'm close to calling Direc TV as they are the only ones I've not called and saying they either need to get this figured out and soon, or I'm wanting my money back and going to Dish Network.

This whole experience has been an absolute nightmare.

Have you been totally unable to use any receiver?
So the dish and coax cables were installed, but due to missing and broken pieces they couldn't verify reception.
What dish was installed?

Tell us exactly what pieces had to be sent to you and we may be able to get you connected.

I'd connect a receiver to a coax line and see what you get.

I was reshipped a directv slim line lnb integrated SWM (5 satellite reception) and a directv swm 2 way splitter 2-2150 MHz 1 port power passing with weather boots.

That's what the packing list says anyway.

As for the dish itself, I'm not sure which one it is.

I have one high definition dvr and two standard dvr's The high definition one is The HR22... not sure about the two standard definition dvr's

It's my understanding from what the installer told my brother on Monday when he was here to try to install, that without those two things you can't get a signal of any type.

What they told your brother is correct. Without any LNB on the dish, you're out of luck.

Using the description of what was shipped, you have a new SWM installation. This will have one line from the dish to the SWM splitter. Then one line will be run to each receiver. The DVR only needs one line for two tuner operation with an SWM install.

I would ask for some credits for lost time not of your making.

They should have sent you a 1x4 SWM Splitter since you have 3 boxes to hook up. And no it is not normal.. as suggested if you decide to keep D*, call their CSR's and describe what happened and see what you can get out if it and file a formal Complain in writing about "Installs R Us"

Lack of phone communication could be a clue. These companies sometimes cut their losses and hit the road. Don't know the company involved but it happens.

Joe

This is becoming almost comical at this point.

Monday another installer from a different company comes.. I'm at work, but my brother tells me this guy is very helpful and seems to really know his stuff.

He ends up commenting about how the first company had done a piss poor job up to that point and that it looks awful. My brother tells the guy that we all agree... the wires are hanging down and where the holes were drilled just looked shoddy.

He says he's going to redo that and also move the dish, since where the dish is now is going to potientially cause half the roof to blow off if we get a strong enough wind!

He then precedes to climb up his ladder, only to find out the dish itself isn't even right.

He then looks at what Direct Sat TV sent as the replacement items and determines that they sent the wrong splitter (this is after they didn't send a splitter at all initially)

He writes down what we need that Direct Sat TV either didn't send at all.. or sent something else wrongly in it's place.

1 SWM LNB
1 Power Inserter
1 2 Way Splitter- for 3 Recievers
1 Kaku Slimline 5 Sat LNB
1 6X8 switch

*note the handwriting is kinda messy... much like my own, but that's what it looks like anyway*

I called Direct SAT TV tried to get these sent to me, only to get the run around. A supervisor was supposed to call me back.. never did.

At this point I feel I have no recourse but to call Direct TV themselves and have them contact Direct Sat and keep me on the line while pushing for a refund, something a customer service rep for Direct TV suggested over the weekend... but I didn't yet take them up on, due to wanting to give Direct Sat one final chance to make things right.

I don't think they will want to bite the hand that feeds them and once Direct TV pushes for a refund, I have little doubt that I'll get it and then I can either go through the company that came out to 'attempt' the install Monday since they seem to be a quality company, or through Direct TV themselves...

He writes down what we need that Direct Sat TV either didn't send at all.. or sent something else wrongly in it's place.

1 SWM LNB
1 Power Inserter
1 2 Way Splitter- for 3 Recievers
1 Kaku Slimline 5 Sat LNB
1 6X8 switch

*note the handwriting is kinda messy... much like my own, but that's what it looks like anyway*...
I have a question about this list. You need either the first three or the last two.

Jd:

I actually can see that now by looking at the list he made.

It doesn't say or anywhere, but there is a line he put between the first three and the last two that would signify either of the options.

Are there advantages to one over the other? At this point I just want to get it installed... but if one type of installation is better, I'll request those things.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)