signing off for a final time.......

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Saw the first few posts to the thread this morning, just past the hint that it might be a joke.
Figured I'd come back this afternoon, and if Iceberg was still keeping up the sham, I'd say something like:
"ya better damned well be leaving, 'cause that's not funny!" - :rant:

I think you should reinstate the Friday Fun Facts or whatever they were called.
This sort of Friday ambush was harsh. - :eek:

I'm glad I didn't read this until now, or I would have been hooked too.

I was just sitting here trying to think of what I would say to such a sad thing as Tony leaving the forum.

After I found my first analog channel on 91W which by the way was the Jewelry Channel. I was so thrilled that I even got something, he told me about Dr. Scott over on AMC 3 on transponder 16, which I slowly inched my dish over to find and it was so full of sparklies that it was almost not watchable. He then told me how to adjust the skew on the Co-Rotor until that perfect picture came in, and I was so amazed. :D

Tony was one of my first teachers, and one of the best I have ever had. He patiently guided me as I tried to grasp the concept of a 22Khz multi-switch. For some reason I had a mental block about it, but after several PMs, he helped me to understand, and I am so glad he did.

That patience paid off in a big way with my 30 plus lnbfs all being operated by switches.

Hope you never leave, and FTA is an addiction. One might be able to leave it for a while, but the dishes do call, and keep drawing you back.

I for one am glad it was an April Fool's joke.

Thanks for all you have done, and will do on this forum!!

I read your post and actually walked away, it was just about all I could take after all that's happened around here lately. I was about to send you a PM telling you what I thought of you leaving like this ... but I hesitated, what good would that have done if you'd already pulled the plug.

Now that my heart is back to 'normal,' I gotta tell you, it's one of the VERY few times I have ever fallen for an April Fools joke.

S%$T, you scared me (and I think several others).

Stay well Tony, and remember, what GOES around COMES around. There's always next year.

Photto

Stay well Tony, and remember, what GOES around COMES around. There's always next year.
sorry but it doesnt happen to me. I dont fool easily ;)

Best one I ever played on my buddy was 15 or so years ago. This is when Pizza Hut first came out with the "Stuffed Crust Pizza". I called my buddy up (this is before folks had caller ID) and disguised my voice.
"Hi This is Bill from Pizza Hut. I was calling to verify an usually large order from this phone number. Did you order 15 Large Pepperoni stuff crust pizzas?"

Now anyone with 1/2 a brain would just say "no" but my buddy says "Hey Brad (that was his roommate at the time). Did we order 15 stuff crust pizzas from Pizza Hut?"
I would have LOVED to see the look on Brad's face. I could hear him say "what the f you talking about? NO" and my buddy says "no we didn't". I apologized for bothering him and hung up

Called back like a minute later and when my buddy picked up I said "what the hell you on the phone so long for? I've been trying forever to call". My buddy tells me the story about the phone call and my response was (in my disguised voice)
"Was it Bill from Pizza Hut?"

oh damn was he mad. :D

After I found my first analog channel on 91W which by the way was the Jewelry Channel. I was so thrilled that I even got something, he told me about Dr. Scott over on AMC 3 on transponder 16, which I slowly inched my dish over to find and it was so full of sparklies that it was almost not watchable.
I remember back a long time ago watching dr gene scott on a local tv channel (channel 18).He past away some years back and now his daughter has taken over wiith a show on one of the satellites.

Welcome back, Iceberg! I'm sure it would have been hard to find a FTA withdrawal support group!

Thanks for everything you do for the hobby, err, addiction ;) ...

Thats his widow. She was an adult film actress and old Doc Scott had videos of her and like 3 or 4 more dancing at his ranch (clothed of course)...like when he would show those videos of him riding horses

Here is an old video I found on youtube years ago. From "The Daily Show" there was a part called "God Stuff"...you will need something to play a .flv video but it shows "the playmates"
go about 45 seconds into it

Attachments

• gene scott 4.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 172
Last edited:
Thats his widow. She was an adult film actress and old Doc Scott had videos of her and like 3 or 4 more dancing at his ranch (clothed of course)...like when he would show those videos of him riding horses

Here is an old video I found on youtube years ago.
Tony! i tried unziping the file you provided but i get a corrupt file error.

huh...works fine here

I wonder because its a .flv file. I tried to find the actual link on youtube but this was downloaded 4 years ago and its not there anymore

I am a huge Melissa Fan, i cant seem to open it or do anything with it either!! what player do we use for it?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)