signing off for a final time.......

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I've got some more of those from old Doc Scott :)

I love the beginning
"There will be 50 people give $1000.....and do it now or I am finished...........................try me"

APRIL FOOLS!
So I honestly couldn't leave because I still have stuff to learn. Plus most of you are like family to me (even the ones that annoy me) ;) so I really couldn't leave.
Ice,

I almost fall for this April Fool joke, but recalled some history lessons: some big guys "in-charge" (not that big like on your avatar) loved time-to-time announce they are leaving shortly (listen even at current Middle East show - they all say this), while watching closely who is going to support their move. Those ppl were then first to suddenly disappear...;)

Regarding "family reunion", I wonder if you still send regular PMs to other members asking not to talk with someone who "annoys YOU", because... this forum (apparently your personal forum) "will benefit" from it? :D

Just kidding... I do remember, you helped me a lot, often being the first to come with an answer, when nobody could (for whatever reason :rolleyes:). Btw, what do you think is the best for an "ideal" moderator - having short or long memory? :eek:

Last edited:
I've got some more of those from old Doc Scott :)

I love the beginning
"There will be 50 people give $1000.....and do it now or I am finished...........................try me"
:D I use to love watching Dr Scott with his hat,leather jacket and smoking a cigar.Good entertainment!he really knew how to get rich believing in Jesus.

one of the best posters on the nets. guy has helped me so many times and is a wealth of knowledge

Holy Crap!!! You had me SOOO FREAKIN SCARED......glad it was April Fools....

Regarding "family reunion", I wonder if you still send regular PMs to other members asking not to talk with someone who "annoys YOU", because... this forum (apparently your personal forum) "will benefit" from it? :D
nah. MOst of the ones who annoy me are in different parts of the forum :)
Btw, what do you think is the best for an "ideal" moderator - having short or long memory? :eek:
thick skin and just let stuff roll of your back. I've done customer service for 15 years including call centers so I'm use to people hollering at me.

Ice,

What a mean and cruel joke! I took your initial post seriously! I took your entire dialog to mean that FTA was over and done with and that there was little to nothing left for us hobbyists like me to enjoy any longer... Then, at the same time I was browsing channels and found that one of my staple channels on Ku had gone dark! I was so bereft that you were leaving and felt that you knew something that was coming down the pike that you weren't telling us that I got extremely pissed off because I had also had a very bad day at work so I was up all night trying to rescan channels.

Now I find out it was all a freaking JOKE? I took this to heart because channels started to go dark on me and I was in a bad mood already, nothing else worse could have gone wrong for me that night! The transmission went out on my car on the way home from work. Everything was just going wrong and when I got home I just wanted to sit back a relax in front of the TV for a bit and then I read your goodbye! Well, thank YOU for THAT! I don't know now. I am so frustrated at myself for falling for this stunt of yours that I am just livid! I just told my brother that I would go in on a purchase for a new BUD, too. Just a few days before.

If I could curse here, I would. Doggone you Ice! This is hard to take. I was working this weekend so I wasn't paying attention to the fact that it was April 1st. Dammit! I cannot believe that I actually smashed a good receiver! A $350 one at that. It still works, I just cannot read the FPD. I honestly don't blame you Ice, it was my fault. I was already on edge and just P.O.d enough that it didn't take much to set me off.

I feel sick. I thought it was all legit. Everything, all the signs I got indicated that you were right on. I thought all FTA was over, seriously. What did you think I was going to think? I don't know, just bad timing, I guess. I'm sorry for taking this out on you. It was my fault for falling for the gag hook, line and sinker. Dang it! Now I have one more AZBox to fix. Oh well, forget it! Life sucks anyway!

RADAR

That comment (along with the popcorn and "neener" smilie if you noticed) was to show that people lately take everything much too seriously. Whether it's politics, or Iceberg playing a joke on APRIL 1st for Heaven's sake, that Radar especially seems to have taken much too hard.

Come on, think: If Iceberg really planned on leaving us, it would have been on the front page! Absolutely! They would have been throwing parties for him, etc, etc...

So please, don't be so thin-skinned, either towards Iceberg's joke, or my simple 1 line sentence, and just enjoy life a little. It's short enough as it is...

Radar,
I feel for you, I hope today has been better for you. While the Joke was funny to many, Ice being like family to most of us - made the joke much to personal. I will contribute to the AZBox repair fund if you will PM me with an address. I have enjoyed and appreciated your input and knowledge about this hobby and look forward to more from you.
Bob

Ice,

What a mean and cruel joke! I took your initial post seriously! I took your entire dialog to mean that FTA was over and done with and that there was little to nothing left for us hobbyists like me to enjoy any longer... Then, at the same time I was browsing channels and found that one of my staple channels on Ku had gone dark! I was so bereft that you were leaving and felt that you knew something that was coming down the pike that you weren't telling us that I got extremely pissed off because I had also had a very bad day at work so I was up all night trying to rescan channels.

Now I find out it was all a freaking JOKE? I took this to heart because channels started to go dark on me and I was in a bad mood already, nothing else worse could have gone wrong for me that night! The transmission went out on my car on the way home from work. Everything was just going wrong and when I got home I just wanted to sit back a relax in front of the TV for a bit and then I read your goodbye! Well, thank YOU for THAT! I don't know now. I am so frustrated at myself for falling for this stunt of yours that I am just livid! I just told my brother that I would go in on a purchase for a new BUD, too. Just a few days before.

If I could curse here, I would. Doggone you Ice! This is hard to take. I was working this weekend so I wasn't paying attention to the fact that it was April 1st. Dammit! I cannot believe that I actually smashed a good receiver! A $350 one at that. It still works, I just cannot read the FPD. I honestly don't blame you Ice, it was my fault. I was already on edge and just P.O.d enough that it didn't take much to set me off.

I feel sick. I thought it was all legit. Everything, all the signs I got indicated that you were right on. I thought all FTA was over, seriously. What did you think I was going to think? I don't know, just bad timing, I guess. I'm sorry for taking this out on you. It was my fault for falling for the gag hook, line and sinker. Dang it! Now I have one more AZBox to fix. Oh well, forget it! Life sucks anyway!

RADAR

Oh, I forgot to mention...

APRIL FOOLS on you too! Gotcha! :)

RADAR

Thank you all guys, all the posts brought a big smile to my face !!!
By the way its not April 1st so I really do mean THANK YOU
I may even become a PUB supporter !!

Tony

Come on, think: If Iceberg really planned on leaving us, it would have been on the front page! Absolutely! They would have been throwing parties for him, etc, etc...
you're probably right. Scott would have plastered it on the front page but thank goodness he didn't.

So please, don't be so thin-skinned, either towards Iceberg's joke, or my simple 1 line sentence, and just enjoy life a little. It's short enough as it is...
I saw the post and that was removed as political. I didnt remove it as I was legit off line for a couple days. Had to go to the cabin where there is no internet ;)

you're probably right. Scott would have plastered it on the front page but thank goodness he didn't.

I saw the post and that was removed as political. I didnt remove it as I was legit off line for a couple days. Had to go to the cabin where there is no internet ;)

Ice,

I honestly thought your post was a really great April Fools lark! I truly was working over the weekend and saw the title, but I didn't read it right off. I thought it might have something to do with the Ku channel that went dark. When I did read it, I did have to take a double-take on it, for sure! At first, I thought that something really bad may have happened. I don't even want to think of such a scenario. But, then I started reading between the lines and had a V-8 moment and realized that it was April 1st! You almost got me! I was really heading in that direction for a moment, especially since you typically say a great deal when you are very serious about something and you said a lot!

It was actually fun reading it all, I enjoyed your recanting of the past events and your times with FTA and Sat-Guys. I felt that you were "writing out your memoirs"! LOL You really outdid yourself here, as it was a bit of a trip down memory lane for some of us and I was kinda feeling a bit melancholy while at the same time a bit nostalgic.

Heh Heh! Yep, you really did a good one! :)

RADAR

PS: Tony, if you ever did quit, retire or leave for any reason, I would honestly feel a great loss in my heart, as many others would, too. You know, all of us here on the FTA forum don't all know eachother personally (as in person and directly), but after years of communicating, even though it be distantly via words on a computer monitor, I believe that we all do feel a great connection and a unique, but real, friendship and comradery! YOU would be severely and sincerely missed!

Gordy

Last edited:
I just re-read it now a couple days later and damn I even fooled myself. But that is how I get sometimes....I can ramble pretty good. The memories part was just a snippet. There is sooooo much more in the "memories" but I clipped some of them :)

I figured if I went too long then folks would know it was a joke

I just re-read it now a couple days later and damn I even fooled myself. But that is how I get sometimes....I can ramble pretty good. The memories part was just a snippet. There is sooooo much more in the "memories" but I clipped some of them :)

I figured if I went too long then folks would know it was a joke
like these? :D:D

When he was writing up his memories there was no memories of Mojo? :D

You're a nut !

I know, but I am a very fun NUT! Peanut? No... Walnut? No... Brazilnut? Hee hee, no! Almond? Neewwooh! Pistacio? Nawh. Grape Nuts? LOL!!!! Maybe, remember Euell Gibbons? Out of all of these, I guess I am just an ordinary NUT! Macademia Nut? Oooh! I like that! Nawh, I am just a plain old crazy NUT! ;)

Gotta have fun and enjoy it all! Enjoy everything. Life is too short to be too serious about everything all day long. You must enjoy life in every way, every day.

RADAR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)