sinclair shuts down kidsclick

baboonie

On Vacation
Original poster
Jul 30, 2018
Bad news for millions of OTA families out there that have young kids. Sinclair shut down it saturday morning cartoon block KidsClick on march 31. Actually every day cartoons but they had some different and better ones on saturday morning. Thats a shame, seems like a good idea for the diginets coming in style now with atsc 1.0 and soon atsc 3.0 where there will be even more channels in every town since can put lots more channels on one main channel.
Anyways there might be a little hope left, RETRO TV has a saturday morning block with older stuff like houndcats,The barkleys,The droogles,the mooh brothers,fishernauts, and rocket robin hood, light tv has a seven day a week set of morning cartoons. But not the same as kidsclick was,It had the new better cartoons.
Hopefully for the OTA kids, once atsc 3.0 starts up maybe the diginets will bring back the saturday morning cartoons for the kids.

Last edited:
Bad news for millions of OTA families out there that have young kids. Sinclair shut down it saturday morning cartoon block KidsClick on march 31. Actually every day cartoons but they had some different and better ones on saturday morning. Thats a shame, seems like a good idea for the diginets coming in style now with atsc 1.0 and soon atsc 3.0 where there will be even more channels in every town since can put lots more channels on one main channel.
Anyways there might be a little hope left, RETRO TV has a saturday morning block with older stuff like houndcats,The barkleys,The droogles,the mooh brothers,fishernauts, and rocket robin hood, light tv has a seven day a week set of morning cartoons. But not the same as kidsclick was,It had the new better cartoons.
Hopefully for the OTA kids, once atsc 3.0 starts up maybe the diginets will bring back the saturday morning cartoons for the kids.
I can honestly say I never heard of any of those cartoons on retrotv

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Theres Light TV thats OTA and internet but it has some you might of heard of. The ones on RETRO TV the only two I heard of was houndcats and the barkleys. Both from when I was a kid. As for Light TV they have a daily line up of Wimzie's House,The Country Mouse and the City Mouse,Frannies Feet,The Busy World of richard scarry,madeline.
But on Saturday they add Pink Panther and All dogs go to Heaven. Plus after the cartoons Flipper the New Adventures. Now their online schedule is pacific base so us on the east cost the cartoons start at 7am instead of 10am. So just in time on a saturday for the kids. They use to have Inspector Gadget but looks like they took that one off.
Light TV is the best channel of broadcast and cable out there for all Family Tv

Yeah I agree with Acme they sell anything. Miss that old road runner and that cleverly coyote.
Shame they don't have the old schedule on Retro Tv anymore it had some good ones like HeMan ,ghost busters and others.
Like said when atsc 3.0 start up hopefully with the amount of networks they will be able to put on one station hopefully they bring back saturday morning cartoons for the kids.

Last edited:
I think and read the reason they shut down KidsClick was most that they use to run it on This TV and also got some of the cartoons from MGM libraries, Which don't make many cartoons. But it was shut down because of that lawsuit going on between Tribune and Sinclair right now. Sinclair couldn't run them over This TV anymore.This TV is owned by Tribune.
Sinclair tried to run them on TBD but that OTA isn't on that many stations yet. I think instead of on TBD they should of put KidsClick on Comet TV since it is now I think the 4th most popular OTA now. Hopefully some of the companies that use to make the saturday cartoons will start back up,(actually most didn't leave they just sell the content to the cable channels like cartoon network)so the kids can have the cartoons we grew up with. My favorite was scoobydoo and land of the lost,The Justice League. My sisters was Archies,Josie and the Pussycats,Jem stuff like that. Then my others speedbuggy,The Goullies,etc.

s-l300.jpg

Reactions: navychop
On the cable front, I don't know of any channels that air the classics anymore. Boomerang used to be nothing but classic cartoons that aired on Cartoon Network in the 90s. Now, it's revamped it's whole line-up to include a few 90s cartoons and updated versions of classic ones (Tom & Jerry of the 2000s, etc.). I don't know of anywhere you can find the classics besides going online through a streaming service. It's kind of a sad situation. There are a handful of classic TV networks, but no real classic cartoon channels. Somebody should fill that void in the OTA diginets.

Reactions: andy_horton
I think even if they couldn't put kids commercials in them and had to do fewer commercials they could be a moneymaker for the diginets. There are allot of families out there thats on cable and and use just ota that watch the diginets. (actually where they do ratings,MeTV always beats out most cable channels) Most cable companies put some of the diginets on the cable. Anyways if they had saturday morning classic cartoons we grew up with on saturday mornings like we had it. I would almost bet you they would be watched by lots of kids and hate to say this quite a few adults.

On the cable front, I don't know of any channels that air the classics anymore. Boomerang used to be nothing but classic cartoons that aired on Cartoon Network in the 90s. Now, it's revamped it's whole line-up to include a few 90s cartoons and updated versions of classic ones (Tom & Jerry of the 2000s, etc.). I don't know of anywhere you can find the classics besides going online through a streaming service. It's kind of a sad situation. There are a handful of classic TV networks, but no real classic cartoon channels. Somebody should fill that void in the OTA diginets.
The only way to get those classics is through their Boomerang app.

Another Morning block bites the dust. I remember when The CW discontinued Vortexx a few years ago. It reminds me of that. Dang! It's going to get harder to cut the cord if all they do is discontinue every new morning block they put out. I loved watching the Pac-Man and Pink Panther cartoons on KidsClick.

Another Morning block bites the dust. I remember when The CW discontinued Vortexx a few years ago. It reminds me of that. Dang! It's going to get harder to cut the cord if all they do is discontinue every new morning block they put out. I loved watching the Pac-Man and Pink Panther cartoons on KidsClick.

I don't know about pacman but you can watch heathcliff at 9:30 am and then an hour of Pink Panther 10:00 to 11:00 am on Light TV ota or on the internet at Light TV - Light TV on their saturday morning block.
The live is below the schedule. Also the schedule is for the pacific coast so if want to see whats on on the east coast add 3 hours.

P.S. Best broadcast station out there if have a family.

I don't know about pacman but you can watch heathcliff at 9:30 am and then an hour of Pink Panther 10:00 to 11:00 am on Light TV ota or on the internet at Light TV - Light TV on their saturday morning block.
The live is below the schedule. Also the schedule is for the pacific coast so if want to see whats on on the east coast add 3 hours.

P.S. Best broadcast station out there if have a family.
The closest Light TV affiliate to Green Bay is located in Fond du Lac, which is part of the Milwaukee market.

Bring back Acme. They’ll sell anything, especially anvils, to anyone. And anything.

And they ship to the middle of the desert!

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
Could of sworn there actually was a type of coyote called a "wylie coyote" (I thought I saw one at the Minnesota Zoo once), but when I google it all I find is about Wile E. Coyote.

I miss Saturday morning cartoons in general, especially the ones of the 80's! Go He-Man, Smurfs, and Alvin and the Chipmunks!

To all that read my post in the past what sinclair is doing. Someone at viacon is seeing the same thing. They know that when atsc 3.0 comes out and people take to it. They need to be there were that can run all their stations in one spot.Before anybody thinks I'm against it,I'm all for it.All I am trying to say OTA is here to stay and the only ones that are getting paranoid caause know what will happen is the CEO's of the cable companies, cause that have to explain why they are worth what they think. Someone at viacom see's it reason they paid 340 millilon for Pluto.

P.S. OTA will be here forever, The broadcasters don't want to loose all their spectrum worth billion that they are getting for free with the stipulation that for the free spectrum that have to give something to the people.to be sold of to the others Telcos,cable and satellite. Even some things ajit pat can't change.

Reactions: Justin Hill

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)