Sirius compatable Deck

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
I'm looking to get a new CD deck for the new vehicle we're getting. What would yall recommend? We are getting a 2002 Tracker if that means anything.

I don't want to spend too much. I don't want to spend more than $200-250 on the deck since I have to get a Sirius tuner and antenna.

Jason,

A lot of the guys on Siriusbackstage like this new HEAD UNIT . I think you might find it a little cheaper shopping around.

Display Modes: The Kenwood KDC-MP628 features a large, bright, fluorescent display with 4 selectable display modes:

* Graphic Display (Display Type A): You can choose one of 6 "wallpapers" (2 "movies", 3 spectrum analyzers, or a slide show of still graphics). Text information is displayed briefly for tuner and CD functions before graphic reappears.
* Graphic + Text Display (Display Type B): You can choose one of the same 6 graphic displays. One line of text is displayed--selectable text information is available for each source.
* 3-line, 2-column Text Display (Display Type C): Three lines of text information are displayed, each with a text label icon and the text display. You can choose what information to display for each line (clock, frequency, playback time, CD text, ID3 tags, etc.), plus choose a text display color between white, yellow, or blue.
* Text + Source Icon Display (Display Type D): Two lines of text information are displayed (selectable information and colors). On the right end of the display is an icon to indicate the currently selected source. The bottom line features function labels for the multi-function keys located directly below.

Thanks Rich!! I was looking at a Kenwood, model KDC-MP625. It's the same price as this one but this one looks better! I really would like to keep a two line text like the PNP has. The PNP will be moved to the sis-in-law's PT Cruiser.

So the one you're suggesting will display artist name AND song title at the same time? Any chance of it also displaying stream name/number too at the same time?

Neutron said:
Thanks Rich!! I was looking at a Kenwood, model KDC-MP625. It's the same price as this one but this one looks better! I really would like to keep a two line text like the PNP has. The PNP will be moved to the sis-in-law's PT Cruiser.

So the one you're suggesting will display artist name AND song title at the same time? Any chance of it also displaying stream name/number too at the same time?

I don't know for sure. Good questions. Ask them HERE
and let us know. Those guys over there own or have owned the MP625 and the newer headunits. There is even a Kenwood rep that reads and posts. The 2 Kenwoods I own are touchscreens and have a different set of features.

Mp625

Jason
I have the 625 and it does a fine job, and shows the Artist/Title info fine
on 2 lines, with either the Sirius or XM radio.. my reason for getting it I thought
I would be able to switch between Sirius and XM but have not had any luck with that,
TERK identifies the XM adapter as a Sirius so the HU gets confused and
cant tell the 2 radios apart, it may be possible but I have not had success with
it yet ..

that said I think the 628 would be a better deal because of the 3rd display line,
dual zone audio, and aux input .. the 625 does not have these features

I was very suprised to hear how good the audio sounded on the 625, prevously
I had used the FM mod

no matter which you get try to test it first before you buy it

..Dale

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts