SIRIUS, does anyone actually pay 12.95

tankerman

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 12, 2004
Northeastern Maryland
I was just wondering. Does anyone actually pay $12.95 per month for their Sirius service?

I do not.

Radio #1: Dodge Power Wagon. It came with a one year subscription.
I was able to upgrade that to a Lifetime subscription for $354.

Radio #2: Mazda 3. It came with a 6 month subscription.
I upgraded to a full year for $51.

1. Radio 1 was a promo XACT (XTR1) full car & home kit and boom box (XS027) w/ 1yr service. After the end of that year I now do the per year subscription re-up.

2. Radio 2 XACT (XTR1)was bought off of ebay about 3 years ago for my wifes SUV. It is also on the per year rate; but discounted for 2nd radio.

3. Radio 3 & 4 are both XACT (XTR2) and were bought of ebay for my office and son's room nearly 1.5 years ago and are both on the discounted month to month.

How do I get even more discounts other than going lifetime?

Right, but at $499 / $6.95 = just around 72 months or 6 years. I have had my first 2 XACTs half that time now; so I was thinking of putting one of my new month-to-month XATCs 2's on lifetime. I to was hoping the lifetime would go on special promo or maybe drop down in price maybe once per year and maybe I could sneak in a bit of a better deal. Like $349 or so (a 4 year break even).

Last edited:
I use to pay 12.95 until I had to pay a tax on it. Thank you the sate of NC.

I pay 12.95 here in PA, the reason i pay by the month is who knows whats going to be out a couple years from now, i don't want to shell out 500 bucks only to screw my self in the long run. Now don't get me wrong, i love sirius, its the best, although they could uncommpress it just a little more on some stations. With technology changing so much nowadays, its hard to say what will be bigger and better down the road.

srs913 said:
I pay 12.95 here in PA, the reason i pay by the month is who knows whats going to be out a couple years from now, i don't want to shell out 500 bucks only to screw my self in the long run. Now don't get me wrong, i love sirius, its the best, although they could uncommpress it just a little more on some stations. With technology changing so much nowadays, its hard to say what will be bigger and better down the road.

Exactly; that's where I have been as well, UNLESS they offer some lowered price for a Xmas or promo sale; but it would have to be lower than $349 for me. You reconfirmed my previous thinking and I am passing on the lifetime.

tankerman said:
Ya never know.
I'm takin my chances.:D

You know it's the lifetime of a total of four radios.

Witha swap fee each time I understand. I just think that it is deceptive to call it "lifetime".

Geronimo said:
Witha swap fee each time I understand. I just think that it is deceptive to call it "lifetime".

Yeah, there's a $75 swap fee each time.

So, $354 for the lifetime subscription
$225 for the swap fees.
Total $579.

If I get 8 years out of each radio.
That's 32 years of lifetime subscription.

I'm 43 years old.
I'll be 75 years old when it runs out.

So, $579 divided by 32 years = $18.09 per year
$1.51 per month
$0.05 per day

This is why the lifetime subscription is a great deal for me.

I don't pay sales tax either here in PA. I was paying the $12.95 per month fee there for a while though. Now I've just went and purchased a lifetime membership as this is actually a lot cheaper in the long run.

I had the 12.95/month for about 4 months after I first had Sirius installed in my Z, before I broke down and installed it in my Tacoma.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)