Sirius - Gimme my rebate already !!!

mikew

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Las Vegas, NV
I purchased a package at Circuit City back in May that included a rebate of a $50.00 Circuit City card. Last month, I called the 800 number on the reciept to check on the status. The number actually was to Sirius. I went to the billing department and spoke to a woman who said they had everything they needed but it hadn't been "released" yet. She said she would release it and I should have it in couple of weeks.

I call again today and the guy tells me they have nothing about my rebate! I argue with him for a few minutes then ask to speak to a supervisor. The supervisor tells me that I need to re-submit my forms so they can expedite the issue. I faxed the forms to him today...let's see what happens.

Has anybody else had this problem with this particular deal?

mikew said:
I purchased a package at Circuit City back in May that included a rebate of a $50.00 Circuit City card. Last month, I called the 800 number on the reciept to check on the status. The number actually was to Sirius. I went to the billing department and spoke to a woman who said they had everything they needed but it hadn't been "released" yet. She said she would release it and I should have it in couple of weeks.

I call again today and the guy tells me they have nothing about my rebate! I argue with him for a few minutes then ask to speak to a supervisor. The supervisor tells me that I need to re-submit my forms so they can expedite the issue. I faxed the forms to him today...let's see what happens.

Has anybody else had this problem with this particular deal?

Call Circuit Back and ask for the rebate escalation phone # They will help

Just tried that. Circuit City says ...call Sirius!

This is the kind of BS that makes me HATE rebates. Give me the deal at the store. If you want the UPC, take it then and there as well...I don't care. Just don't make me call several times to get what I'm entitled to.

Agreed. I have a bad history with rebates. There are measures you can take, and go out of your way to try to create some proof here and there, but it's still largely on the "honor system". And many companies don't know anything about that.

Had a similar experience, got bounced between Sirius and Circuit City, told to wait for it, then when I called after waiting long enough ( a few months) told sorry but we dont have you in the system, if anyone has a blank form for the $ 50 off Sirius rebate please post it since I have not kept mine, so no proof at all unless I get the form.
Thanks

Sirius is playing games with my rebate

I have been getting a major run-a-round from Sirius on my $50 Circuit City Gift card offer. I purchased my equipment in July '04 it is now January '05 and the last conversation I had with them was to expect it (I assume the gift card) by the end of this month. They said they there was an "overwhelming response" to the offer. Well, get off your asses and hire some help so that you can keep the customers you have and then they will tell all their friends how awesome Sirius is! But, I do have another choice in a Satellite provider. (XM)
My next call will be to the State attorney General's office to file a complaint.
If anyone else is having problems, please email me at: jreynolds256@comcast.net

As of two weeks ago, I still hadn't received my rebate. I called Sirius, again, and this time they finally credited my credit card $50.00. Was going to use that money to buy the home dock, it's no longer being sold! My sub ends in May and I will certainly be off to XM. The rebate isn't the reason for the switch, I want MLB not Howard Stern!

Generally speaking rebates are intentionally ridiculously difficult to get to keep the number of people actually using them low. Every computer component rebate I've had in the last few years has required multiple calls/emails to finally receive. They are betting on you giving up after one or two tries, then they have your $. Cynical, but true.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts