Sirius Install In S10 Pickup

DungaBee

Original poster
Dec 11, 2005
I'll be getting Sirius for Christmas and want to install it in my 2004 S10 4-Door. I know about using an FM station to receive the signal, but I think my radio could also be plugged directly in to.

My stereo is a 6 CD changer and there is a rocker type button on the radio that has 'Band' on one side for switching between FM and AM and then 'CD/AUX' on the other side of the same button.

Anyone know how to use that AUX feature for Sat radio?

Any other install tips for the S10?

I think I am leaning towards the Sportster reply, but I am open to receiver suggestions too since nothing has been purchased.

Thanks all.

DungaBee said:
I'll be getting Sirius for Christmas and want to install it in my 2004 S10 4-Door. I know about using an FM station to receive the signal, but I think my radio could also be plugged directly in to.
My stereo is a 6 CD changer and there is a rocker type button on the radio that has 'Band' on one side for switching between FM and AM and then 'CD/AUX' on the other side of the same button.
Anyone know how to use that AUX feature for Sat radio?
Any other install tips for the S10?
I think I am leaning towards the Sportster reply, but I am open to receiver suggestions too since nothing has been purchased.
Thanks all.
If you have an "AUX" Button or switch on the front of the radio it means that there is an INPUT on the back of the radio that a Satellite radio plugs into using a special cable.

You might ask your dealer about connecting to that input on your stereo.

I doubt that you'd be lucky enough to find a pair of RCA connection hanging behind the dash unused.

My car (a Mercury) has a 'AUX' button on the factory head unit. To connect a device to it you have to buy an adaptor that cost more than my Sirius radio did :(. They adaptor is similar to the items at the link PhuckNut posted.

You might check out the Starmate Replay for a bit smaller unit. I have the Sportster Replay and I like it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)