This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Sirius PORTABLE radio

cherrie6

Original poster
Nov 8, 2005
The new S50 is not a radio that plays as you go as in walkman type radio. You have to record shows in order to listen . I read somewhere that in mid 2006 Sirius will be unveiling such a product . Anyone else hear anything about this?

cherrie6 said:
The new S50 is not a radio that plays as you go as in walkman type radio. You have to record shows in order to listen . I read somewhere that in mid 2006 Sirius will be unveiling such a product . Anyone else hear anything about this?

This is a "Tivo" for satellite radio. You can listen to live programming or program it to record to listen later.
Very nice radio but kind of pricey right now.

Purogamer said:
I read somewhere that battery life is really low, I guess because of the screen...

From my own personal tests, the S50 played 3.5 hours with the display "Always On" and played a little over 6 hours with the display in a 15 second mode. Your mileage may vary.

cherrie6 said:

XM has one Myfi.

Sirius - XACT have a add-on battey/antenna pack that allows their radio to be totally portable while play "live" Sirius content. That total radio & pack size is the size of an adult male's palm and about 1" thick. ADDED: weight about 1lb

Last edited: