Sirius S-50 Soft Ware Upgrade

Beagle

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 5, 2005
a few days ago i went to sirius's web site and i noticed there was a soft ware upgrade for my S50 receiver,so i figured i would stay up to date and i down loaded the soft ware into my S50.after the software was loaded i noticed it up dated some of the color picture back grounds,but the thing i noticed the most is that my fm transmiter seemed to go down in power,which before the software up grade the S-50's fm transmiter was very powerful,i could put any fm radio on in the house and they would pick up the signal from the s-50 just fine,now after the upgrade i hear static in the back ground.i am now sorry i upgraded my s-50 soft ware because i now think the new software droped the power on the fm transmiter because of the goverment requirements on output power.
has any body else noticed this problem after a software upgrade ?

My S50(s) are all working great, don't want to fix what isn't broke and I learned from the XM411 board that one of their Inno s/w updates cut the FM transmitter power. But I have no knowledge personally of your post's information. You might want to check Backstage to see if others have your same problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts