Sirius S100 LIVE Portable!!!!

C1787GJ

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 19, 2005
MASSACHUSETTS
Saw that the new S100 is coming out soon, should be available around 9/15, replacing the S50!! I'm just curious does anyone know how this will work? It is going to be able to listen to sirius live portably. I'm excited for it but just not sure if it is going to work everywhere or how it works. anyoneeee?? :)

Not sure where you saw that release date on the "Stiletto", but the last word I heard from Mel, via an investors confernece was that the new product would be out "late summer". The new product is rumored to have WiFi capabilities and satellite reception in the portable mode.

Sirius is holding information very tight on their new portables - wearables. Hopefully we will hear all at the Q2 conference call and if not later in August at the "Christmas in August" press conference.

Well if you believe whats on orbitcast then its not going to be a live portable without an additional add on

* The device will not be a full-time live wearable receiver. Instead, it will come with the option to plug in an antenna/power module to enable on-the-go listening. Hence the connector at the TOP of the unit seen in Mel's hand.
* The device is not designed by Ziba (the agency that designed the Sirius S50).
* The Sirius Stiletto SL100-TK1 has been pushed back to September/Fall as Sirius awaits more color on RIAA-related issues with XM on both the legislature/lawsuit front.
* The final device will be black (as opposed to the unit we saw Mel waiving around) and will look like a "wider S50."
* There will be two devices: the first will be the Zing player which is pretty much an S50 with added Wi-Fi abilities. The second will be the Stiletto with a Live option.

minorthr said:
Well if you believe whats on orbitcast then its not going to be a live portable without an additional add on

I don't know for sure and I know Orbitcast doesn't know for sure as I talk to Ryan. Unfortunately, we will just have to wait and see. Damn, I hate that.
:mad:

Where I work released an update about Sirius and that info and date was in it. They didn't say it was a set date but the expect it to be available then. :) I'm excited and it didnt mention anything about getting anything extra, but I too hate waiting :(

C1787GJ,

The timing you provided falls in the latter part of Mel's guidance of the SL100TK being here "late summer". Any product details would be apprciated by our forum members. Do you work for a Sirius retailer? Sorry for asking, my curiosity is killing me.:D

Sirius_Rich said:
C1787GJ,

The timing you provided falls in the latter part of Mel's guidance of the SL100TK being here "late summer". Any product details would be apprciated by our forum members. Do you work for a Sirius retailer? Sorry for asking, my curiosity is killing me.:D

I'm with Rich. If you don't want to post it publically PM always works :D

minorthr said:

* The device will not be a full-time live wearable receiver. Instead, it will come with the option to plug in an antenna/power module to enable on-the-go listening. Hence the connector at the TOP of the unit seen in Mel's hand.
* The device is not designed by Ziba (the agency that designed the Sirius S50).
* The Sirius Stiletto SL100-TK1 has been pushed back to September/Fall as Sirius awaits more color on RIAA-related issues with XM on both the legislature/lawsuit front.
* The final device will be black (as opposed to the unit we saw Mel waiving around) and will look like a "wider S50."
* There will be two devices: the first will be the Zing player which is pretty much an S50 with added Wi-Fi abilities. The second will be the Stiletto with a Live option.

I would hope that the launch of the Zing player would coincide with higher bitrate internet audio streams. Others have been talking about streaming improvements coming soon, and that it will become a premium feature rather than a freebie as it is now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)