Sirius Sportster - Acquiring Signal Issue

burnz007

Original poster
Aug 7, 2007
Just in the past week or 2 I've had a problem with my Sirius Sportster Replay. In the car the signal strength shows an X and the display reads "acquiring signal"... if I unplug the antenna it says something like "Antenna not found"... so I know it at least is recognizing that the antenna is connected. This happened last week but then the problem just went away.
Even at work, where I have a small cradle w/ speakers for my desk, it says "Acquiring Signal", but this time it has 1 bar for signal strength.

I don't know if it's a problem with the radio unit, or not. I don't think there's an issue with the antenna on my car because it's new.

Has anyone had similar problems? (I'm in Boston btw)

I had the same thing happen to me with my first Sportster 4. It was still under warrenty so I swapped it out. Good to go now. I've read alot of posts on other forums about the same issue. My advice would be to get a new unit.

I had the same thing happen to me with my first Sportster 4. It was still under warrenty so I swapped it out. Good to go now. I've read alot of posts on other forums about the same issue. My advice would be to get a new unit.

thanks! ... I called them and they're sending me a replacement unit. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)