Sirius Sportster vs Starmate

WLong

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 28, 2004
What are the key differerences between the two receivers? With Promo Code 460 or 461 the Starmate is $30 less for the Car and Home kit. I want to go with Sirius since I am a Howard Stern listener but I can make up my mind on which receiver to buy.

-Bill

Scratch that... as much as I like Howard, I like MLB better and it seems only XM has MLB. :)

WLong said:
Scratch that... as much as I like Howard, I like MLB better and it seems only XM has MLB. :)

MLB on the radio is a natural. I just wish both services carried the games and someday soon both services on a single radio.

well i would still be interested in the differences between the sportster and starmate. i am worried about the anntenna not connected errors people are getting with the sportster and im not sure about the wires comming out of both sides, no cradle and suction mount on the starmate. i want to get sirius soon but am stumped on what receiver to get.

Sirius_Rich said:
MLB on the radio is a natural. I just wish both services carried the games and someday soon both services on a single radio.

That would be cool, as long as customers from both sides could continue to use their existing hardware. I've become a MyFi record junkie. :D

one028 said:
well i would still be interested in the differences between the sportster and starmate. i am worried about the anntenna not connected errors people are getting with the sportster and im not sure about the wires comming out of both sides, no cradle and suction mount on the starmate. i want to get sirius soon but am stumped on what receiver to get.

The only difference I can see between the two is the Starmate has an internal wireless FM transmitter. Also the audio output of the Starmate doubles as a headphone jack. No antenna or headphone jack for sporster.

I'ld go with the STarmate.

There a brief description of both unit at:

http://www.satellite-radios-solutions.com/portable-satellite-radio.html

Best Regards,
Harry

I have a sportster and it does have a wireless internal FM transmitter and it looked like it would cover all frequencies from 88.1 - 107.9 :yes .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)