Sirius Starmate question

paxkine

Jun 29, 2005
hello all,

new to the forum and did a search, just picked up the starmate and love it so far. however my second day with it I left it in the car here in so. cal for a few hours (and I left it on and plugged in to cig lighter, whoops) and when I came back the unit was extremely hot to the touch.

I let it cool down and later at home when on I notice the screen background has an orange glow to it, changing brightness and contrast do nothing.

I seem to remember in the store that the middle text was very clear red on black, with no orange/reddish fuze in the background. It is not everywhere which makes me think maybe I melted the screen or something?

Can fellow starmate owners let me know if this "haze" effect in the back is normal? all the screen shots online show clear red text on black with no haze...

otherwise I will have to get a new unit :(

thanks in advance!

just noticed after it cooled off and rebooted that it starts out black with nice contrast, and after 20 mins or so the orange fuzzy haze comes back...

any ideas?? :eek:

Welcome

Welcome to SatelliteGuys.us. :)

If you do not get a quick response from our members here, try posting your question HERE . I do not have a Starmate personally,but have heard it is a very reliable unit. Someone on SiriusBackstage posted a photo of a temperature gauge of a Sirius 2.5 tuner (same as your Starmate) and it was 104 F. All the units run warm to the touch, but the sun does not help.

Let us know what you find out and welcome again.

sirius backstage

Hello and thanks for the reply!

I have found no way to register and become a member at this site...looked around for 15 minutes...

am I missing something? :(

paxkine,
Yes the unit will get VERY hot to the touch in the sunlight but will cool off and be fine.
As for the difference in color on the screen, in direct sunlight it will appear red lettering with black background and at night it will appear white letters with orange background.
Hope that helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)