siriusxm and dish music app gone this morning on the hopper 3

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
When people ask me how they can get a lot of different and obscure Apps on their TV I recommend that they get a smart TV or a blu-ray player. :)
Seriously? You suggest a new tv for apps over the cheap sticks or a $100 roku. WHY?

If you want apps stay away from tv's dvd's or set top boxes and buy an app device.

The last I looked, the Hopper was a DVR. If you want apps use a Roku and be done with it. Let the Hoppers do what they are supposed to do best RECORD tv
sorry i disagree with you the hopper 3 is a also a entertainment box you should be able to use the apps you have on there to help you get through the day you should be able to listen to the best companies out there to listen to music and view videos.the hopper 3 is going to be like a roku in the future.

I'd cut Allen a little slack on this one. The Hopper offered a function he enjoyed using, and it was taken away by Dish. While I don't agree with the usefulness of this particular app, I get why he'd be upset that it was taken away, just like any of us would be upset if a particular function was taken away that we liked using.

That said, my personal view on apps is that you know the old saying..."Jack of all trades...Master of none" I'd rather my have my Hopper master watching/recording Live TV and let my Rokus master Streaming Apps/IPTV, rather than either one trying to do too much at the cost of consistently doing their primary function properly. That's one reason TVs have multiple inputs. ;)

You want the Hopper to be an entertainment box. Obviously Dish, and most of us here, don't agree with you. Get over it Allen...
isnt the hopper suppose to help you get through your day i use mine alot sometimes there are bugs on it.sorry you guys disagree with me but i want to see the hopper 3 to be at its top potential which should have more apps you can use on it.i understand the reason why these apps was taken away but the siriusxm and dish music apps were easy for me to use instead of going to the guide everytime.i would like to see dish add those two at least back for us i have no problem with the other apps being gone since not many people used them in the first place.

Last edited:
The wife's car has a trailor hitch but we always use the truck to pull the boat.

Could it? Maybe... but hell no am I trying it. :)

Should it be able to if it is there? I say YES so I say TECHNICALLY bluegrass is right. But yet wrong. :)

The wife's car has a trailor hitch but we always use the truck to pull the boat.

Could it? Maybe... but hell no am I trying it. :)

Should it be able to if it is there? I say YES so I say TECHNICALLY bluegrass is right. But yet wrong. :)
sorry i do the best i can to explain to you guys sometimes i can be wrong sometimes and i can be right sometimes

Reactions: spoiler1041
isnt the hopper suppose to help you get through your day i use mine alot sometimes there are bugs on it.sorry you guys disagree with me but i want to see the hopper 3 to be at its top potential which should have more apps you can use on it.i understand the reason why these apps was taken away but the siriusxm and dish music apps were easy for me to use instead of going to the guide everytime.i would like to see dish add those two at least back for us i have no problem with the other apps being gone since not many people used them in the first place.
All the Dish music apps did was to bring you to the guide for either Dish music or Sirius/XM. So, to get to the music you wanted via the app, you had to go to Apps, press either of the two music areas and then go to your selected music from the guide. Now, you have to press 99 or 900 to get to the same place. You are making a mountain out of a mole hill....

sorry i do the best i can to explain to you guys sometimes i can be wrong sometimes and i can be right sometimes
I think in theory you are right but as someone has stated already Dish is trying to be all things to all people and for us tech folk that is not cutting it even if you are in theory correct.

All the Dish music apps did was to bring you to the guide for either Dish music or Sirius/XM. So, to get to the music you wanted via the app, you had to go to Apps, press either of the two music areas and then go to your selected music from the guide. Now, you have to press 99 or 900 to get to the same place. You are making a mountain out of a mole hill....
Not a mountain, just sharing points of view.

no really those two apps helped me out alot sometime the apps sounded better than you usually listen to one of those channels

no really those two apps helped me out alot sometime the apps sounded better than you usually listen to one of those channels
That is impossible. as the audio it tuned you to was the same audio channels... They did not have special audio being broadcast for the app. The app just made it easier to choose the channel you wanted.

I was going to say I had your back on this. Dish put the apps on and you liked them and they took them away you got a right to be irritated. But you lost me on that statement, good luck.....

Allen.
Bluetooth.

My Home Theater has Bluetooth.
Than you can use any app that your cell phone has and play it on your Home Theater.
You will wonder why you even bothered with the receiver apps.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Reactions: Foxbat
I was going to say I had your back on this. Dish put the apps on and you liked them and they took them away you got a right to be irritated. But you lost me on that statement, good luck.....
i am sorry about that would you be ticked if someone took something you like very much and would not give it back to you,those apps i used those apps alot on my hopper 3 i wish someone would contact dish and let them know to add them back for us,it was so easier to use those apps.

Allen.
Bluetooth.

My Home Theater has Bluetooth.
Than you can use any app that your cell phone has and play it on your Home Theater.
You will wonder why you even bothered with the receiver apps.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
i have a bluetooth 5.1 vizio surround system you should how the sound is on the siriusxm music channels sometimes they sound great and sometimes they sound compressed.if they would get those siriusxm channels @ 128kbps they would sound alot better.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)