Site issues

Lets see if this is better. They had me change the max number of MySQL connections...

Of course it helps when you type correctly in the config file. :(
Phone Call Vintage GIF by US National Archives
:)

I'm on an ancient version of FF on W7, because my processor lacks SSE2 instructions. :crying Maybe the ponderous speeds I'm seeing now is because of that, or maybe because of something else. But in comparison to AVSforum, Satelliteguys is now way slower. It used to be way faster. Got any explanation for this swap?

AVSforum at the bottom says "The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo." One might suppose that they would display equal speeds. I see the biggest lag when I open SG for the first time since starting up the browser.

With everything in the stats and logs showing fine... and the page generation speeds looking amazing. I have turned off the cloud servers, as the only thing left that serves you are those servers.

Yesterday I turned off the reverse proxy and saw the time increase greatly, turned in back on again after a few hours and speed jumped back.

Speeds for me are amazing, and this is one of the fastest sites I visit, so that has me wondering if its the CDN cloud servers. Since every area is served from different servers. And those who are having speed issues seem to be in the same geographic location.

I will leave them off for today. Let me know if it makes a difference. :)

Reactions: charlesrshell
I'm on an ancient version of FF on W7, because my processor lacks SSE2 instructions. :crying Maybe the ponderous speeds I'm seeing now is because of that, or maybe because of something else. But in comparison to AVSforum, Satelliteguys is now way slower. It used to be way faster. Got any explanation for this swap?

AVSforum at the bottom says "The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo." One might suppose that they would display equal speeds. I see the biggest lag when I open SG for the first time since starting up the browser.
Same here, still experiencing the initial response lag. Not complaining, just reporting.

Here is what I am seeing this morning.

• The page has been loaded at 10:58 AM
  • This page was generated in 0.0928s
  • Queries 40
  • Memory 9.67MB

Just made a change to where the Jquery Files are hosted, was from Google, but now from us.

WIth that change, the speeds have improved.

Again using the same link above as a reference. (and that's with the fireworks on)
  • The page has been loaded at 11:02 AM
  • This page was generated in 0.0751s
  • Queries 40
  • Memory 9.66MB

The page has been loaded at 11:04 AM
This page was generated in 0.1790s Queries 42 Memory 11.88MB

Which is slightly faster than what I’ve been seeing the last few days here in Indiana.

When testing make sure to go to this url below so we are all testing the same page. :)

At the moment EVERYTHING is being served from our server, no CDN for the CSS, Images, Java, etc...