Site issues

I have had that happen a handful of times over the past few years. Don't recall it being associated with any particular thread.
OK, just tried to like the post just previous to my last. When I hover the mouse pointer over LIKE, the list of emoji's doesn't appear. When I click on LIKE, I get the "do you really want to" routine...

Some wierdness
On some threads the option to reply to the thread directly is grayed out( like a thread ban) but if you reply to a post in that thread..it allows the post..fir example you cant make this up thread in the pub...it seems to happen only on the really long threads..the vast majority of threads do not have an issue

When it happened to me I thought Scott's back office hackers were adding more stuff we didn't ask for and began to break stuff that once worked. This mess doesn't seem to be global but attacks individuals at random.

I should add- this all began with the unnecessary bats nonsense. No more turkeys or snowflakes please.

Oct 27, 2022
  • New
There is a major patch available for our webserver (NGINX) that I will be applying shortly.

I missed this in another thread. Cause and effect? Quote didn't work so I copy and pasted.

Problem came back, and this time clearing cache and deleting the satguys cookie didn't work. I also can't post in some threads, BUT, I can do replies. There's all sorts of odd little things going on.
gremlin-premier.jpg
Gremlin.jpg

When it happened to me I thought Scott's back office hackers were adding more stuff we didn't ask for and began to break stuff that once worked. This mess doesn't seem to be global but attacks individuals at random.

I should add- this all began with the unnecessary bats nonsense. No more turkeys or snowflakes please.
Just turn it off in your setting ...

Reactions: LocutusOfBorg
Oct 27, 2022
  • New
There is a major patch available for our webserver (NGINX) that I will be applying shortly.

I missed this in another thread. Cause and effect? Quote didn't work so I copy and pasted.
That fixed a issue with the server serving mp4 files.

nginx-1.22.1 stable and nginx-1.23.2 mainline versions have been released, with a fix for thememory corruption and memory disclosure vulnerabilities in the ngx_http_mp4_module (CVE-2022-41741, CVE-2022-41742).