Site issues

I have gone through the system and can not find anything wrong. That's not to mean there isn't something wrong.

Its not the Holiday theming as that has been running here for years, it runs all the time but only changes the look on the holidays and it does it all automatically.

I have a feeling it's something to do with caching, so I am rebuilding the caches here which will take a good part of the day for it to process. So if there are things slower than normal then its probably due to the caching / reindexing.

It could also be an issue with our CDN (cloud) service and with their cache, but I won't clear it there until our finishes doing its work. No need to delete it and have it redownload garbage if there is something wrong with the cache on our side. :)

Oct 27, 2022
  • New
There is a major patch available for our webserver (NGINX) that I will be applying shortly.

I missed this in another thread. Cause and effect? Quote didn't work so I copy and pasted.
An update of the web server typically wouldn't impact the privileges that are presumably kept in a database.

PHP and its association with the database engine is where most of the heavy lifting is done.

Reactions: charlesrshell
And it's still broken.
Additional observations FOR THIS THREAD: The compose box at the bottom of the thread is missing options for italics, bold, link, etc. The down arrow under the avatar and name of the person who wrote a post (clicking arrow shows location, # of posts, # of reactions) is not working. To make THIS post, had to click REPLY to previous post. This brought back missing italics, etc options and activated the text cursor in the box.

Checked the Song Name Game Thread, just now, and it's working fine...

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
Additional observations FOR THIS THREAD: The compose box at the bottom of the thread is missing options for italics, bold, link, etc. The down arrow under the avatar and name of the person who wrote a post (clicking arrow shows location, # of posts, # of reactions) is not working. To make THIS post, had to click REPLY to previous post. This brought back missing italics, etc options and activated the text cursor in the box.

Checked the Song Name Game Thread, just now, and it's working fine...
I checked your account and all appears fine but I made some changes and saved them again hoping it helps. I will move you back to a lifetime supporter later.

If you are still having issues try using a different web browser and see if it helps. If it does help then perhaps there is an add on causing the issue also I have heard of this happening from people using Pi Hole ad blocker. If you have an ad blocker turn it off for SatelliteGuys since your a supporter and dont see ads here anyways.

I checked your account and all appears fine but I made some changes and saved them again hoping it helps. I will move you back to a lifetime supporter later.

If you are still having issues try using a different web browser and see if it helps. If it does help then perhaps there is an add on causing the issue also I have heard of this happening from people using Pi Hole ad blocker. If you have an ad blocker turn it off for SatelliteGuys since your a supporter and dont see ads here anyways.
I will wait to see if it's fixed, thank you.

Unfortunately I don't have any answers nor does Xenforo. And its working for everyone else.

I wish I had an idea of why it's just you two.
It's NOT just those two. It's also ME. I'd bet there's a lot of others also, but they may not know it yet. This all justs suddenly happened out of the blue the other day. I made NO changes, didn't install ANY add-ons, etc.

Running Firefox 106.0.5 (64-bit) on a laptop

I just checked this same issue in Chrome, and it does the same thing. So, it MUST be something to do with our profile settings. First time I ever logged into Satguys using Chrome, so it couldn't be anything to do with a bad cookie.

Reactions: charlesrshell