Site issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Sorry don’t know what to tell you. If it’s running fast for everyone but you are having issues then the issue is not here on our server.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
It just takes so long for the advertisements to load. I have the problem both at home and at work-2 two different computers. Once the ads load it responds, but the next page has to re-load the ads. I understand that is what pays the bills, but it did not seem to do that about a month ago

Reactions: TheKrell
It just takes so long for the advertisements to load. I have the problem both at home and at work-2 two different computers. Once the ads load it responds, but the next page has to re-load the ads. I understand that is what pays the bills, but it did not seem to do that about a month ago
If you join the site, many of those issues go away .... thats not fixing the issue you have, but allows for a way around it and it comes with benefits for you, becoming a Pub Member !

Its only 21.99 a year and in your case, you are saying that the ads are slow to load so its also slowing the sight down because of it.

If you join the Pub, the Ad's go away, which in turn would quicken the site for you .
Why its any different than previously for you, is unknown.

Heres a link if you want to look it over ... give it a try if you don't like it, drop it next year.

Theres also a 3 month option I was un aware of for $6.99

Last edited:
Ok fixed...

A Cpanel security patch changed permissions on one of the directories. Server may be non responding for a few second as I am updating something else while I am in here. :)

Attachments

• 229636727_10160088077794505_583628969893094565_n.jpg
    229636727_10160088077794505_583628969893094565_n.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 58
Ok I went in and did some updates... and I also found something interesting in the error logs...

A bunch of DNS errors in our web server. Trying to call IPV6 addresses when we don't have ipv6 support on the server.

These were the errors...

2021/09/04 18:20:54 [crit] 3007#3007: connect() failed (101: Network is unreachable) while resolving, resolver: [2001:4860:4860::8844]:53
2021/09/04 18:20:56 [crit] 3014#3014: connect() failed (101: Network is unreachable) while resolving, resolver: [2001:4860:4860::8844]:53

Commented those entries out in the resolver config and those errors went away.

I cleared all the caches as well, and those are rebuilding now.

The site seems to be opening faster. Did clearing the errors help that you think?
By golly Charles, I think Scott fixed it. :D Even on this painfully slow (32-bit 2GB) W7 system, initial load time is much faster and more comparable to what it was before. Scott had me convinced that it was some other server causing this latency issue. But it sure looks to me like IPV6 was indeed the culprit.

Was the site down earlier this afternoon? The site would not load for several minutes at around 1 PM. After several attempts I finally gave up. At first I thought my internet was down but the Speedtest indicated my normal download speed of 210 Mbps and upload speed of 10 Mbps. It is now 1:54 PM and everything seems to be working again.

Not that I know of and the logs do not show anything unusual for the time. Traffic looks normal for the time as well.

I was on on and off around that time and didn’t have any issues.

Anyone else?

Reactions: charlesrshell
Not that I know of and the logs do not show anything unusual for the time. Traffic looks normal for the time as well.

I was on on and off around that time and didn’t have any issues.

Anyone else?

Still get occasionally slow to open when I select the app to open. Nothing more than about 10 seconds. So it is better for me.