Site Updated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure of what you mean by "popup" since the GDPR stuff is automatically being done by the forum software itself the only thing I needed to do was tell it where the Terms of Use were located and it did the rest.

Going back to your first question about Cookies, I am guessing you are blocking cookies. It is my understanding that for first time visitors Xenforo will show a notice that the site uses cookies. (This is another EU requirement) If this is the popup you are seeing and are blocking cookies then this would make sense.

Not sure how you block cookies, but if you can set your software to not block cookies from SatelliteGuys it would take care of the issue, and you may find some things work better as I believe a few of your settings (such as last read, and login info) are stored in the cookie. Our cookies do not track you or harvest data of where you have been. :)

According to Xenforo the following things are in the cookies set by the software.

- Stores a token, unique to you, which is used to verify that the actions you perform on this site were intended to be performed by you.
- Stores the current ID of your session.
- Stores a key, unique to you, which allows us to keep you logged in to the software as you navigate from page to page.
- Registration and maintaining your preferences. This includes ensuring that you can stay logged in and keeping the site in the language or appearance that you requested.

Again we (SatelliteGuys) do not track what sites you visited or anything like that. (Frankly we don't care where you been, just happy to have you here.) :D

Hope this helps!

Thanks Scott. I clear cookies automatically after each browsing session. I understand that i will receive the popup each time. I am not asking for any changes in site policy or procedures or any special consideration. I just wanted to understand it. I do now.

Reactions: Foxbat and Bobby
my Tapatalk isn't working for Sat guys, it just says loading works for. my other forums. I tried umfollowing sat guys and then refollowing but that didn't working. anything else to try other than deleting and reinstalling Tapatalk app?

my Tapatalk isn't working for Sat guys, it just says loading works for. my other forums. I tried umfollowing sat guys and then refollowing but that didn't working. anything else to try other than deleting and reinstalling Tapatalk app?
I don't know what is going on with your Tapatalk issues. The updated site is working fine for me with Tapatalk on every device I have the app installed on. Might be worth deleting the app and re-installing. bit of a PITA though.

Sent from my Google Pixelbook using Tapatalk

Accepted terms, but only by coming to the site on a browser, tapatalk doesn't load the forum if you haven't accepted them yet.
Scott, I had this problem too. I could only accept terms on the browser then come back to the app to see the threads. Today Monday 6/25

Sent from my VS995 using the SatelliteGuys app!

Any consolidation plans? Activity looks like it's to the point that Gadget Zone, Home Theater Zone and What to Watch would exist better as just a couple of sub forums under a Media and Technology heading rather than 14 lesser used forums.

Reactions: dishdude
Scott, I had this problem too. I could only accept terms on the browser then come back to the app to see the threads. Today Monday 6/25

Sent from my VS995 using the SatelliteGuys app!
this did the trick for me, I accepted terms on browser and Tapatalk is now working.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

My app wasn’t working. Did the delete reinstall and nothing. It worked ok when you signed out . I got on the regular website several times. It finally did the new terms of use and privacy. Agree with that and it’s working fine.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Just got this email, which means hopefully the new app will be approved and released soon.

email-asc-logo@2X.png

Dear SatelliteGuys.US,
The status of your app has changed to In Review.

App Name: SatelliteGuys Mobile
App Version Number: 7.1.16
App SKU: 284
App Apple ID: 1155884425

Whew! I guess I just had to sign in on my laptop and accept the terms before the iOS app would let me in. I kept getting some weird error until just now.

Good News...

Dear SatelliteGuys.US,

The following app has been approved for the App Store:

App Name: SatelliteGuys Mobile
App Version Number: 7.1.16
App Type: iOS
App SKU: 284
App Apple ID: 1155884425

No one yet, it could take up to 24 hours for Apple to get the update in its App Store.

Its such a slow motion process. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)