Site Updated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. I do not see it anywhere else but I will live with it. I thought it deserved a question but not much else.

Not sure what you are referring to by policy update emails. I am not getting any dealing with this subject form anywhere. Will this continue indefinitely? Again just asking. In the grand scheme of things this is not that big of a deal. apparently I am the only one that is concerned in any way.

Not sure what you are referring to by policy update emails. I am not getting any dealing with this subject form anywhere. Will this continue indefinitely? Again just asking. In the grand scheme of things this is not that big of a deal. apparently I am the only one that is concerned in any way.
The dozens of emails that have gone out over the last month saying "We've updated our privacy policy" from sites and stores you have a relationship with.

Some of my examples:

Google
eBay
TuneIn
Meetup
Experian

Yes! I got so many emails, from so many places. Geronimo you must only get on the internet for SatelliteGuys. :D ...but hey that is just fine with us. :)

Sorry guys not one here. Not even from HandsomeDevils.com or Amazon. I even looked again. Having said that I guess I will just live with seeing the message here.

BTW I certainly go to Google. The other sites not so much.

No emails from anyone except Ebay, and they change their policies every other month so they don't count, not Google, not Amazon, not anyone. I'm on 8 forums and numerous retail sites and this is the only one to require this. Just sayin. :)

No emails from anyone except Ebay, and they change their policies every other month so they don't count, not Google, not Amazon, not anyone. I'm on 8 forums and numerous retail sites and this is the only one to require this. Just sayin. :)
Your spam filter must be working overtime. Or you used an email as a contact point for many sites that you no longer use...

So I guess we live with the popup for now. I did check spam BTW not finding it there. Anyway at this point I am sorry I raised the question.

Your spam filter must be working overtime. Or you used an email as a contact point for many sites that you no longer use...
All other emails from all the sites reach me with no problem so why would policy changes be locked out? I have no idea what the second one means.

What do you mean live with the popup? I got it once, agreed to the terms and conditions, and haven't seen it again.
Our experiences are clearly different. You get emails I do not and I get pop-ups you do not.

Our experiences are clearly different. You get emails I do not and I get pop-ups you do not.
I’m going along with dare2b, I got one pop-up. I read it, checked it, and that’s the last I saw of it. I think if you don’t check it. you’ll continue to get the pop-up until you do...

No. But I think we are back to my original question.

Geronimo, Scott needs to comply with the European Union General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) or he could face fines that would effectively mean the end of SatelliteGuys.US and possibly cause extreme financial hardship to Scott and Eva. He could have also deleted the accounts of anyone that identified as being from the EU and blocked this site's access from EU countries, but (I'm putting words in Scott's mouth here) that's not how Scott operates. He wants to share the wealth of entertainment from space-based sources, in addition to the social aspects of our collection of SatelliteGuys.

So you can agree to something you have already agreed to (that was the gist of your argument, wasn't it?) or put up with the redirect to the new Ts & Cs explanation page. Things really haven't changed for the North American users, after all, since we don't get the same protections as EU citizens, but there is some benefit for users around the world. It's much easier to delete an account from many services where before GDPR went into effect it could be an extremely unpleasant undertaking.

Geronimo, Scott needs to comply with the European Union General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) or he could face fines that would effectively mean the end of SatelliteGuys.US and possibly cause extreme financial hardship to Scott and Eva. He could have also deleted the accounts of anyone that identified as being from the EU and blocked this site's access from EU countries, but (I'm putting words in Scott's mouth here) that's not how Scott operates. He wants to share the wealth of entertainment from space-based sources, in addition to the social aspects of our collection of SatelliteGuys.

So you can agree to something you have already agreed to (that was the gist of your argument, wasn't it?) or put up with the redirect to the new Ts & Cs explanation page. Things really haven't changed for the North American users, after all, since we don't get the same protections as EU citizens, but there is some benefit for users around the world. It's much easier to delete an account from many services where before GDPR went into effect it could be an extremely unpleasant undertaking.
I have never stated any opposition or made any argument. I just asked a question. I have already said I will put up with the pop-up.

Okay, you know how to make the pop-up go away and you choose to put up with it. It's not like clicking "I agree" secretly signs you up to be Scott's towel holder at the sauna...

Once more in my case that did not make it go away but I will live with the popup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts