sky angle 119 w

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have been trying to find this on the satelite. Is it still free? Is it still there and what is conus. Can I receive this with ku? Thank you

Do you mean Angel One? As far as I know it is still FTA on 119W, I don't have the proper setup to check it at the moment. You will need a circular LNB to receive it.

Conus means Continental United States.

I'm going out on a limb here. That is, I'm trusting my rather faulty memory. Seems to me Sky Angel used to be on Rainbow 1, also in the 119 orbital position, but it's long gone now. Sky Angel went IPTV 2 or 3 years ago. Maybe longer. They should change their name to Internet Angel as you can't watch them without a very fast hi-speed internet connection.
Maybe someone actually subbing to them can correct me where I'm wrong here.

it was transponders 25 and 32, if anybody cares.

I miss the Worship channel. Most of the rest of it seems to be available in some form or another for free via Ku 97/101 or other means

according to thelist, Angel One is channel 262 on 119 transponder 21. That would be 12516 right-handed circular, symbol rate 20000 according to lyngsat.

The question has probably already been answered prior to my post here, but I will post anyway to offer any other information that I can...

I am not certain that I know the precise channel you are seeking, but on Echostar 7 (119.0° W) there is a FTA or in the clear channel which scans in with the name "ANGEL". It is a religious broadcast.

If this is what you are looking for, you may find it on 119.0°W on TP 12516 MHz, Vertical polarity, symbol rate 20,000 Ks/S. VPID is 6690 and APID is 6691. This is listed as TP 21 with FEC of 3/5 on Lyngsat.

I am able to scan this channel in and view it, but I don't use the 119 sat for much any longer. There are not very many FTA channels here so I use it merely as a nice marker beacon for aligning my dishes (mostly using the NASA channel) and I definitely watch this channel.

The NASA free channel on 119 (Echostar 7) is on TP 12370 V SR 20000 Ks/s VPID 4130 and APID of 4313. I like using (viewing this one for Ku band access to NASA). It has a very good video quality and is easy to detect and receive with even a small dish.

RADAR

The NASA free channel on 119 (Echostar 7) is on TP 12370 V SR 20000 Ks/s VPID 4130 and APID of 4313. I like using (viewing this one for Ku band access to NASA). It has a very good video quality and is easy to detect and receive with even a small dish.

RADAR

You should see the C-Band mux... The video quality from the source makes the re-uplinked Dish channel look like web video ;) ... Plus, there is the occasional HD channel, which makes you feel like you're actually up there in space with the astronauts, even though it is 720p. The NASA mux is the reason I got into C-Band.

Just curious I had Sky Angel many years ago. Unless it's changed isn't the stuff on Glorystar for free, pretty much the same as Sky Angel which you pay for? If you factor in the cost of your broadband connection and whatever you pay Sky Angel per month....sounds expensive...or am I missing something? Blind

There are some channels in the "faith" package that are only on C-Band

They also have a family package that has regular channels on it (that can be added on)

Just curious I had Sky Angel many years ago. Unless it's changed isn't the stuff on Glorystar for free, pretty much the same as Sky Angel which you pay for? If you factor in the cost of your broadband connection and whatever you pay Sky Angel per month....sounds expensive...or am I missing something? Blind
Some of the Faith Package channels are on Glorystar setup, but they have quite a few more that aren't, and the whole package, Faith and Family, is only $24.99/month. Then there's the 48 hour recall feature on the Faith package channels, the Video on Demand - which has free content as well as pay content- and many radio stations as well.
And if you are like most of us who have broadband, you aren't really going to not have it anyway, and a lot of folks pay ridiculous amounts for cable/satellite on top of their broadband, so $24.99/month seems like a great deal to me for what you get.

And the wife likes it.:)

Just my 2 cents.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)