SkyAngel Plans Move to IPTV

I am not sure which ones you are referring to, but the link had a lot of questions and answers when I just looked.

Perhaps everything isn't a grand conspiracy by SkyAngel.... :)

Brad

The Q&A is different now. Before there were more details.

Brad,

The Q/A they had up for part of a day that a few of us saw was different. What is there now is the old content that had been there for some time. I posted this earlier about the new content:

The questions were pretty much the topics we discuss here: Why they're abandoning DBS, when the changeover will take place (1st quarter of 2008), etc. The FAQs were pretty comprehensive, so they know what customers want to know. They answered many of the questions by stating they don't know yet and will inform subscribers via newsletters like the one we all recently received via snail mail. They did indicate they won't just pull the plug -- they will inform subscribers via a mailing beforehand.

I wish they would go ahead and put it back up -- it would answer questions about SA's actions and intent. And as I also said earlier, SA may not have done some things the way they should have -- but I really think they have had no choice about abandoning satellite service. And I think they would be reaching the same conclusion in 2007 if Bob Sr. were still alive. The IPTV will exclude many, but not offering it would exclude everyone.

Nope, just rechecked and it is stil not the original site that was posted. that one had specific questions and answers regarding cost, date of shut off, lifetime member and a lOT more, current one is very vague and generic

Link to buy a satellite to get Sky Angel (guess they missed removing this): Sky Angel: Christian Family-Friendly TV and Radio: Sky Angel® Receiving Equipment

All you need to receive Sky Angel is the DISH Network-brand satellite receiving satellite equipment. Satellite Equipment prices
are determined by DISH Network and include one 20-inch dish, one receiver, and a remote control.* Only the DISH Network-brand satellite equipment will work to receive Sky Angel. There is no requirement to get DISH Network programming to receive Sky Angel.

For details about satellite equipment delivery and installation at your home or church, call
DISH Network at 1-800-454-0843 option 2,2.

Introduction: Sky Angel: Christian Family-Friendly TV and Radio: Sky Angel® Equipment and Installation

Safe TV looking for new options: NWAnews.com :: Northwest Arkansas' News Source

And to continue to spread the scope and range of his programming, Pardeiro hopes to find new outlets for the company’s product. The network is currently part of the Sky Angel Network, a 30-channel package available through satellite service providers. Many of the shows have also been posted to video-sharing Web site youtube. com.

The show is not currently available on local cable networks, however. In late 2006, the not-for-profit company sold the rights to its Cox Cable channel.

I wonder if they are following SA to IPTV.

multiple tvs need $ and speed

need additional box, additional SUBSCRIPTION FEE and more than minimum ISP speed

from skyangel

Can the service be watched on multiple televisions? …

• Yes, however a set-top box is needed for each television the viewer wants to watch a different channel on and each box will carry a subscription charge. When additional boxes are purchased and installed using the same Internet connection, a higher than our minimum connection speed is recommended.

Yep, DH said two boxes would kill a connection like ours even if you were not using the internet for anything else.

I got my statment in the mail today and it had two ads in it. One was for HughesNet satellite internet. Another was the "premier issue of the Sky Angel newsletter." It has no prices, but does say that there will be double the channels now offered. No where in it does it say the sattelite service will be cut. It says the lineup will be announced "soon" and that they are praying for our support. In small print it says that prices and lineups are subject to change without notice.

Here's a complete channel list from this week's Inside Sky Angel program. The CSR told me there are still eight more channels pending.

Safe TV
Faith TV
Guardian
Total Living Network
TBN
TBN Enlace
Angel 1
Angel 2
The Church Channel
The Miracle Channel
God TV
Golden Eagle
TCT
EWTN U.S.
EWTN - Spanish
Catholic TV
Cornerstone
KTV
Smile of a Child
JCTV
TVU
Spirit
GMC
GMT
Worship Channel
New Heights Network
Credo TV (Romanian)

RADIO:
EWTN Global Radio
EWTN Radio (something not English)
Radio Nueva
America's Talk Radio
His Kids Radio
All Worship
Bott
Oasis
Radio U
Voice of Jerusalem
Sacred Favorites
Calvary Satellite
KSBJ/God Listens
Z-73
KTLW
Way FM

Additionally, I inquired about Moody Network and was told by a CSR that it is now on the list. I notice the Liberty Channel and Solid Gospel Radio are not on the list, but maybe they are among the eight pending.

The family package includes the Hallmark channels, Fox News, Discovery, the Weather Channel, and more to come, not yet including HGTV.

The CSR said there will be 50 faith channels - 30 TV, 20 radio, and 20 channels in the family package, for a total of 70 channels if the customer subscribes to both packages.

Last edited:
The Liberty Channel is advertising their move to Sky Angel's IPTV. I would think they are on board.

I'm surprised at the lineup. I was not sure they would be able to convince all the channels to follow.

is this wishful thinking or carved in stone? many are FTA channels already

So are you saying in order to get all the above we would actually have to pay for BOTH the $14.99 package AND the $19.99, roughly $35!!!??? if so DISH family and Glorystar would seem to be the way to go

No, it's $24.99 for both packages, $14.99 for the faith package only, $19.99 for the family package only. Can be either, or both.

I don't think of the $$ as paying for the channels, but as paying for consolidation of the channels, the program guide, ability to watch programs broadcast during the last 48 hours, access to special programming on Angel 2 (conferences, concerts, etc.). Convenience and features are worth something if they mean I will take better advantage of opportunities to expose myself to God's Word and worship.

Huges net is NOT compatible with IPTV!!!!

This is posted on skyangels website:

Disclaimer: HughesNet is currently not compatible with Sky Angel's IPTV service.

why are they pushing an ISP that they now say won't work with skyangel.......

If HughesNet is not compatible, I wonder if WildBlue is going to have problems. It certainly is odd that HughesNet doesn't work when they've been pitching to sell them on their web site for the last few months.

odd

I thought it was odd also. they are selling something on the same website that isn't compatible with IPTV. I always thought there might be a problem as hugesnet maximum speed is 1.5 and that is the minimum for IPTV.

I thought skyangel either posted (possibly the FAQ that were removed) or in the mailing suggesting hughesnet...........

Seems like skyangel didn't factor in computer and/or gaming use or multiple tvs either. If someone doesn't scroll down to see the "disclaimer" they are going to be stuck paying hughesnet for 24 months!

I just got an email from SA:

Watch Your Mail! An Offer for Your New Sky Angel IPTV Is Coming Soon!

Better TV for a Better You — Sky Angel IPTV!
More Channels. More Choices. More Control.

Sky Angel IPTV reinforces the values you cherish by bringing you more of the Christian and family-friendly networks that inspire you — up from over 30 to over 65 faith and family channels! We anticipate offering our new IPTV service in early January 2008.

Check out what channels have already committed to be a part of our new IPTV lineup —
more channels than ever before:

.Faith Package — TV Channels

Almavision
Angel One
Angel Two
Catholic TV
The Church Channel
Cornerstone TeleVision Network
Credo TV
EWTN Spanish TV
EWTN U.S. TV
Faith TV
God TV Channel
Golden Eagle Broadcasting
Gospel Music Channel
Gospel Music Television Network
Guardian Television Network JCTV
KTV - Kids & Teens TeleVision
La Familia Network
The Miracle Channel
SafeTV Channel
Smile of a Child TV
Spirit Television Network
TBN Enlace USA
Trinity Broadcasting Network (TBN)
Total Christian Television (TCT)
Total Living Network (TLN)
TVU Music Television
World Harvest Television
The Worship Network
more to come...

.Faith Package — Radio Channels

All Worship
America’s Talk Satellite Network
Bott Radio Network
CSN International
EWTN Global Catholic Radio
EWTN Radio Cat?lica Mundial
God Listens/KSBJ
His Kids Radio
KTLW Radio Network
Moody Broadcasting Network
Oasis Radio Network
Radio Nueva Vida Network
Radio U
Sacred Favorites
Voice of Jerusalem
Way-FM
Z-73
more to come...

Family Package — TV Channels

Animal Planet
Blue Highways TV
Discovery Channel
Discovery Home
Discovery Kids
Fox Business Network
Fox News Channel
Hallmark Channel Hallmark Movie Channel
Military Channel
NASA TV
Pentagon Channel
QVC
The Sportsman Channel
Visual Arts Network
The Weather Channel

Stay Tuned!
More Information Coming Soon! . . .

Special offers subject to change.

several are free PUBLIC INTEREST ones too. dupicating a lot fo DISH family package. i wonder if DISH will now duplicate sky angels fait line up?

One stop shopping - The line up looks great

You may not like the distribution method but the consolidated channel line up looks great. One stop shopping for Christian TV. It's a great television supplement for Christians who have broadband already and never desired to have a Dish.

It is A new customer base and they will be starting from scratch. If the technology and the marketing are successful though they will have a winning product for a broadband customer. No DVR is the only disappointment of the offering on paper but the VOD option compensates for that some. I'm ready to give it a try and can't wait to get a box.

Me, too. I rarely record anything anyway -- but I will love being able to go back 48 hours to find something to watch whenever I want.
I'm just the opposite.. I record EVERYTHING that I could possibly conceive watching and watch it later. I rarely have time to watch a live TV show due to "life" being busy. However, I'd not use another recorder, as the way that I have my DVR setup, I record, archive to a couple terabyte server, and then reprocess the few that I really like to remove the commercials and load them onto my mp3/video player the next morning.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts