Skybox f5 need help

perkunas

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 23, 2014
Ontario Canada
I have a skybox F5 receiver I'm trying to setup for a friend.
On galaxy 19 I get it all, except for one transponder 12084/22000v...lyngSat
It comes up as a dead transponder, yet my Openbox box says its fine, in fact great.
I don't get it

A couple of 'avenues' to follow. I first lose Ebru if not 'right on'.
I would think to check is the neighbors dish alignment. After checking on a strong TP, use a weak one to 'fine tune'.
If alignment is 'right on' another thing to try. Delete that TP, reboot the receiver, then scan again.
Has worked on my openbox in the past.

Ok I'm getting frustrated, the Openbox is telling me this transponder is better then great, yet the F5 says its dead no channels.
I'm beginning to think these f5s are good for the garbage, wish I had more Openboxes but the guy was out of stock.
I think I got ripped off.

No its my dish, and it works great with my Openbox, going to set up a dish at his place Friday, I wanted to preload the codes.
I have a motor on my dish, he wont, but that shouldn't make a difference. I tried everything, comes back fast no channels found on the one transponder.
Yet that transponder signal on my openbox sits at 92 intensity and 78 quality cant get better then that.
rebooted reloaded changed what I could IDk what else.

I've got one TP on 121W that my S9 won't lock until I move the dish about 6 or 8 clicks EAST, and this on BOTH my systems. It locks fine then, so I move the dish back to where it's suppose to be and it stays locked?? GO FIGURE! Micro HD on the same TP and it locks every time at the regular location.

So what I'm telling ya is try moving the dish a few clicks east and west to see if makes a difference when you scan it.

Kinda odd that it is getting everything but that one transponder. Sooo, blind scanning doesn't get it either or a freq. close to it? Don't see the IF being off at that one place but stranger things do happen.

Thanks I tried moving it one way, then the other way, all it does is makes the signal worse.
still nothing makes no sense. Maybe his sat dish will find it but I doubt it its a smaller dish.
Checked the firmware and thanks for the list, but what I got is the latest.
Got two new openboxes I did the same thing for, the other day and those went easy.
but this skybox f5 is something else

Maybe compare the settings for the F5 to the settings of the Openboxes? Check for wrong LO selected, 22k switch on/off, etc? Is odd to miss only one transponder.

Try leaving the F5 tuned to a different channel on that sat for five minutes or so and then scan again maybe, lately I've been having a hard time locking Ebru on 12084/V/22000, but if I switch to RT on 12152/H/20000 for a few minutes and then back to 12084, it locks good and strong. Think maybe my LNB is going South.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, I got it.
I started over factory settings, as I went down noticed the polarity thing you can miss it easy.
just says polarity and looking at it, you swear it wont do anything, clicked on it up came a menu moved it to H/V problem solved
thanks

Glad to hear you got it going!! Sometimes the smallest things can drive us nuts. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)