Skyvision DSR410 x4package deals

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Sure thing, i will get them up as soon as I get the system up. I was reassured that there is a guide that can be downlooaded from x4 so we will all see together. I will get some GUI shots also. DMX? I am trying to get a old Novell server running right now so please excuse the brain fart.

scott how do we get to hear a 'podcast'? I dont have one of those ipod things. Will there be a transcript maybe? thks

Comptech when you get yours is it possible to get some screen shots of the guide, the interface and the DMX interface? :)

Scott
What do you mean? What DMX does is when you bring up the channel the screen is grey and shows the artist, title, album for like 10-15 seconds then disappears so the screen is black. Hit info and it comes back up or change channels.

When the new song starts it turns grey again...really sucks with the lights off going from dark to bright (grey is pretty bright) to dark again :)

For those folks who have not heard the podcast yet or do not want to sit through an hour show, here is my exclusive interview of Del Jose the president of Skyvision.

In this interview Del talks about this new DSR-410 package and some of what the future may hold.

Its a must listen. :)

Attachments

• del_jose_skyvision_interview.mp3
    12.7 MB · Views: 170
Well I got my 410 today and so far not good news. It will not lock a signal on X4. I have been to skyview tech and motorola tech and no luck. I can hook the cable from the 410 to my coolsat 5000 and bury the signal and quality meters but the dsr 410 shows 5 on signal. Also it will not store a provider ID number. So far it has had 4 master resets and still a no go. Sktview is talking about a RMA but has to wait till morning till there head techs are back on duty. Hopefully this will have a good ending.

Are you using a universal or standard LNB?

I am using a invacom quad with a direct line from the lnbf to the reciever. I am on the linear port and it is a standard lnb. Also in the system menu it is looking for a frequency of 10.300 if I switch it to 10.750 it will not tune either. I just hooked it up slaved to my coolsat with a splitter and put the coolsat on the power pass side and put the coolsat on a vertical transponder and still no green sat light. By the way tech support goes bye bye at 6PM.

Has anyone got one of these yet and does it work?I have a RMA for mine now but when I called about programming with the phone number they supplied I was told they cannot authorize 410's. Also tech support seemed to not know about them either. I hope this isn't some scams to uload useless recievers. Sure wish someone would chime in and say they have one from skyvision working

No its not a scam. Skyvision has been around for over 20 years now. :)

If you have any problems with your other receiver please let me know and I can help you out.

Skyvision is legit. I've driven by their building a couple years ago. They're about 3 hours from me :)

I am using a invacom quad with a direct line from the lnbf to the reciever. I am on the linear port and it is a standard lnb. Also in the system menu it is looking for a frequency of 10.300 if I switch it to 10.750 it will not tune either. I just hooked it up slaved to my coolsat with a splitter and put the coolsat on the power pass side and put the coolsat on a vertical transponder and still no green sat light. By the way tech support goes bye bye at 6PM.

Those are not LNBF LO settings. According to the HITs2Home DSR410 setup manual I was reading. They are the L band frequency setting. There is also a choice of manual or auto SR and FEC. Remaps on channel 206 on X4.

I currently have one on order for my dad. When I spoke with Skyvision last week they said they were selling fast.

I have been dealing with Skyvision for 20 years and it is a great place to do business with. No problems ever.

Well 206 might be right. I just did a master reset and put it on 206, now I get a green flashing sat light and Dolby Digital light. Hopefully it will load now. I will let you know within the hour. If it is true somebody needs to tell tech support about it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)