Slimline 3 SWM During Heavy Rain

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Mr Peds,
Since when is the 119 a KA satellite?
Did Directv send a Tech up in space and add a KA TP.
642151baecbb7cacfd385af0daabb690.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

642151baecbb7cacfd385af0daabb690.jpg

Just because it's HD, doesn't mean it has to use KA technology.
IIRC, the big thing about the KA is that they have more power and are more fine tuned.

Yes, There are 2 or 3 HD Spanish language channels coming from the 119. You need an Spanish language package to be able to get them. If you have an SD receiver check trans ponder 29, it should be 0 since that is a KA tans ponder that a SD receiver can't receive.

See... here! Jimbo.

Mr Peds,

That was a typo, I meant the HD channels on the 119 are using MPEG4 instead of MPEG2 that SD receiver can decode but can't decode MPEG4. Gosh....brain fart.... And everyone throws a party......

That was a typo, I meant the HD channels on the 119 are using MPEG4 instead of MPEG2 that SD receiver can decode but can't decode MPEG4. Gosh....brain fart.... And everyone throws a party......
I'm not even so sure that HD on the 119 is MPEG 4.
Even Still no SD receiver period could see HD channels even when the Mpeg2 HD was the only HD around.

As we mentioned before, HD doesn't have to be on a KA Sat ...
There was HD before the KA's became available.

Is that why the HD channels I listed seem to be stronger? I can lose ESPN 206 but ESPN Deportes 466 will be strong? I don't know (or care) about KA or KU. I just wish they'd do to the HD what they did to SD and 119 HD so the other HD channels don't go away like they do. Let the SD people suffer.

Is that why the HD channels I listed seem to be stronger? I can lose ESPN 206 but ESPN Deportes 466 will be strong? I don't know (or care) about KA or KU. I just wish they'd do to the HD what they did to SD and 119 HD so the other HD channels don't go away like they do. Let the SD people suffer.
Actually its suppose to be the other way around ... the KA Sats carry much more power than most KU Sats.

Actually its suppose to be the other way around ... the KA Sats carry much more power than most KU Sats.
The KA signals are more susceptible to rain fade compared to the KU ones because of the size of the signal wave, not the power.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts