Slimline 3 SWM During Heavy Rain

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I don't think PQ has anything to do with KU, or KA.
That's just frequency band.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Correct, but your post that I quoted was in response to ejb1980s post that asked about hd signals going out before sd signals.
SD signals will always last longer than HD signals.
The KU band has a much wider band and less power on the Sat itself.
The Ka is a much higher powered Sat, with a much narrower beam.

As we mentioned before, HD doesn't have to be on a KA Sat ...
There was HD before the KA's became available.
This whole mess started when someone said that ALL HD channels comes from the 99 & 103, which is clearly NOT the case. All HD channels comes from the 99, 103 and 119. That is an accurate statement. .

Reactions: Troch77
This whole mess started when someone said that ALL HD channels comes from the 99 & 103, which is clearly NOT the case. All HD channels comes from the 99, 103 and 119. That is an accurate statement. .
That is true!

SD signals will always last longer than HD signals.
The KU band has a much wider band and less power on the Sat itself.
The Ka is a much higher powered Sat, with a much narrower beam.
Rain fade is not SD vs HD, is Ku vs Ka. Put HD on Ku like on the 119, and rain fade is the same as SD on the 101. Put SD on Ka na drain fade would be the same an an HD channel on Ka

Rain fade is not SD vs HD, is Ku vs Ka. Put HD on Ku like on the 119, and rain fade is the same as SD on the 101. Put SD on Ka na drain fade would be the same an an HD channel on Ka
This is Also True.

I think the confusion is that the 99 and 103 where most of the HD come from are indeed KA and the 119 HD are KU.

Ok, then in your opinion, why does HD signals fade before SD ?

Just asking.

I think the confusion is that the 99 and 103 where most of the HD come from are indeed KA and the 119 HD are KU.
If does not matter Ka vs Ku. The statement was incorrect. Is INCORRECT to say that ALL HD comes from the 99 & 103. It is correct to say in that DirecTV USA all HD channels comes from 99, 103 and 119

If does not matter Ka vs Ku. The statement was incorrect. Is INCORRECT to say that ALL HD comes from the 99 & 103. It is correct to say in that DirecTV USA all HD channels comes from 99, 103 and 119
Ummm ... quit arguing, I didn't say in here that ALL HD channels come from the 99 and 103, I said MOST ...

You quoted it ....

Just asking.
because MOST HD uses Ka, a narrower beam as you correctly posted earlier. HD on the 119 has the same rain fade as any other SD channel. Again, is Ka vs Ku, not HD vs SD

Just asking.
Ka fades before KU Period!

Stop using HD vs SD.
There are some SD locals that are Ka, and the drop way before the KU SD locals.

HD and SD have 100% nothing at all to do with rain fade.

The Different Bands do.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)