Sling Adapter Price Increase Coming...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Here's hoping they can make it to where you can view EHD content via Sling on Hopper like you could with the 722K.

Also, I have 24 down and 3 up yet when I attempt HD on one PC the video and audio are out of sync. On the other PC it's fine. I'm pretty sure it's related to the Web Sling player plugin, which is pretty awful. Dishonline in general is pretty awful as well. I miss being able to use DRA like I could with my 722Ks. So far none of the DRA-type functions work at all on my Hoppers, not even via Dishonline.

Here's hoping they can make it to where you can view EHD content via Sling on Hopper like you could with the 722K.

Also, I have 24 down and 3 up yet when I attempt HD on one PC the video and audio are out of sync. On the other PC it's fine. I'm pretty sure it's related to the Web Sling player plugin, which is pretty awful. Dishonline in general is pretty awful as well. I miss being able to use DRA like I could with my 722Ks. So far none of the DRA-type functions work at all on my Hoppers, not even via Dishonline.

just curious,same OS and pc specs?I would think that different OS and of course slower pcs could also cause trouble.

Both on Windows 7 64-bit, the one that gives trouble is a Core 2 Duo E6850 (3GHz) + 6GB RAM. My laptop is an i5 2520m (2.5GHz up to 3.2GHz) with 8GB RAM and it does just fine.

The weird thing about it though, is that sometimes the machine with problems, if I restart playback, will play in HD with no audio issues until the next time I switch recordings or channels. I checked Task Manager and it's hardly using any of the CPU either.

Both on Windows 7 64-bit, the one that gives trouble is a Core 2 Duo E6850 (3GHz) + 6GB RAM. My laptop is an i5 2520m (2.5GHz up to 3.2GHz) with 8GB RAM and it does just fine.

The weird thing about it though, is that sometimes the machine with problems, if I restart playback, will play in HD with no audio issues until the next time I switch recordings or channels. I checked Task Manager and it's hardly using any of the CPU either.

That is strange the core 2 duo @3ghz should be way more than fast enough.Is the pc wifi or hardwired?

Wow,

Great timing.

My wife got an iPad for Mother's day. I don't have a sling adapter.

I saw this thread and ordered one.

Thanks a lot Scott! You saved me some cash!

And there you go. ;)

Glad I could help save a lot of our members some money. :D Just another reason why SatelliteGuys is America's #1 Satellite Forum. :)

I was on the fence, thought about $20 and bought it a few weeks back. The early bird gets the worm, the later bird gets the dirt....

I was on the fence, thought about $20 and bought it a few weeks back. The early bird gets the worm, the later bird gets the dirt....

i look at this way... Dish saved me $30 by raising the price by $20... heh

Got the sling adapter this afternoon,just test drove on the pc and it works great!Now to see if it will work with the wife's kindle fire.

Just wanted to report that the sling does indeed work with the Kindle Fire.You must either side-load the app,or have rooted it.

pabeader said:
wonder if there is a difference in the device? maybe the higher priced ones work with the standalone sling app?

In gonna go out on a limb and say no. There is more than likely no difference. Dish probably realized they could raise the price and still sell them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)