Sling not valid.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Diversify

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 22, 2012
DC
My sling adapter ( on a Hopper )is not working and I got it replaced. It worked for 1 day and then the red light was off again. I read a couple threads talking about the sling software version and that this maybe needs upgrading. Mine is on 0.0.0, but also says my sling status is invalid. Do I need to upgrade the software and if yes how?

It should be updating automatically when you have broadband connected. If the new adapter didn't do the trick, it sounds like you need a new Hopper. It sounds like an issue with the Hopper not updating the firmware. I would contact dish for a replacement Hopper.

The weird thing is, they work at first, then I a get the sling adapter is successfulconnected pop up a couple of times on one day. After that the red light is off and the sling adapter doesn't work anymore. I hope it isn't the Hopper.

Received my replacement Hopper, but same issue. Light doesn't come on and shows Invalid with software version 0.0.0. This is starting to piss me off.

My sling adapter is doing the same thing. I have been working with DIRT and they are working on shipping me a replacement sling adapter.

My sling adapter is also doing the same. I have 2 Hoppers and I tried it on both with the same result. It is not likely that it is the Hopper. I had Dish out today for a different problem and it couldn't figure out what the problem is. My problem started some time after I installed the OTA module. Could that be it? "John"

My sling adapter is also doing the same. I have 2 Hoppers and I tried it on both with the same result. It is not likely that it is the Hopper. I had Dish out today for a different problem and it couldn't figure out what the problem is. My problem started some time after I installed the OTA module. Could that be it? "John"

That should not be the problem especially since it is not working on either Hopper. It sounds like the Sling Adapter is the problem. Please send me a PM and I can start the process of getting a replacement sent out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)