Sling TV & Dish May Soon Drop The FX Network & National Geographic

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bluegras

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
Earlier today it was announced that Sling TV and Dish may soon drop Fox Regional Sports Networks as talks continue on a new contract. Now we have learned that FX and National Geographic may also soon be dropped as Disney and Dish negotiate for a new contract now that Disney owns the FX Network.

Back in March Disney closed on its deal to buy most of Fox. Disney now owns 20th Century Fox movie and television studio, Fox’s 22 regional sports channels (that will soon be sold off), cable channels including FX and National Geographic, and Fox’s portfolio of international operations, including a fast-growing pay-TV service in India. The deal will also give Disney 60% ownership of Hulu.

Sling TV & Dish May Soon Drop The FX Network & National Geographic - Cord Cutters News

i just hope this all works out. i have tried every streaming service and cable. dis equipment is so superior and easy and nice to look at. i am still irritated by the bottom guide banner. although i say i am leaving, i try, but just can’t.
flex pack is perfect for me. wish we had som dedicated horror related channel offer.

Reactions: ncted
I'm stuck with Dish and their pitiful excuse for internet until the local phone company decides to run fiberoptic lines in this area. I would be long gone as well if there were any other options.
Well, as you know, it's not their internet, but the option you chose....perhaps you could be more specific.

I think it’s MILDLY POSSIBLE that HBO and Cinemax could return, but it’ll take a long time from now. Remember, even Univision returned.

I don’t think it’s coming back.

The damage has been done. Whoever absolutely needed HBO has already left or found alternate options to get it.

Considering Dish has more customers who subscribe to the lower packages. There really isn’t a demand for HBO.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I don’t think it’s coming back.

The damage has been done. Whoever absolutely needed HBO has already left or found alternate options to get it.

Considering Dish has more customers who subscribe to the lower packages. There really isn’t a demand for HBO.
Which isn't Dish's fault. It's HBO's for becoming a shell of what they once were. After GoT ended, I think a lot of people cashed out on HBO

i just hope this all works out. i have tried every streaming service and cable. dis equipment is so superior and easy and nice to look at. i am still irritated by the bottom guide banner. although i say i am leaving, i try, but just can’t.
flex pack is perfect for me. wish we had som dedicated horror related channel offer.
There's something called Shudder available for $5 A month.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts