Slingboxes keep "forgetting" remote controls

comfortably_numb

Dogs have owners, cats have staff
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 30, 2011
Kansas City / Las Vegas
I have 2 of the Slingbox SB260-100 units. I added the 2nd unit yesterday and configured it. Now whenever I log in remotely from a browser it "forgets" the remote control I selected and says "Your input is not configured to use a remote control. Do you want to configure one?" So I configure them again, but next time I log in it forgets them. Anybody else ever have this issue with their Slingboxes?

Ok some actual questions.....

I take it this did not happen before adding the Slingbox (?)
Are you only using the browser method or also using the older computer program?

The only time I had that problem with those slingboxes (I still have one of that pro model) was when I used both methods.

As a suggestion, if it happened since adding the second, try re-adding it - and/or re add the original one if both are being affected.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
I have one. So you can use it without a cable/ Satellite subscription?

If you have an actual Slingbox, not a DISH Sling for their receivers yes that's the whole idea works with most any device that receives programming, streams etc. One older model works with nothing but an OTA antenna.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Which one works with a Hdhomerun connect?

You need a device with video outputs for it to work with Slingbox. The HD Homerun is a network-attached device. As Tampa8 mentioned, some Slingboxes have RF input(s) for OTA antennas, so you could split your antenna feed- one to the HD Homerun device and one to the Slingplayer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)