Slow download speed for VOD/CINEMA

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kemo46

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 14, 2011
Texas
I just had my system installed and love it. I do have a question about slow download speed for VOD/CINEMA. I have 2 hr24 DVR's and an H24 on the MRV system. My internet is about 10mb per second so that should not be the issue. I went to download a movie in cinema the other night and after about 10 min, it was only about 10% downloaded, i cancelled the download. What could be causing this? I have the system wired directly using a DECA and plugged into my router. It was professionaly installed and everything checked out.

Thanks.

My internet speed is 16meg down and it took me almost 4 hours to download a HD movie on Cinemax which was 2 hours longer then it would have taken to record it while it played.

It doesn't matter how fast your dl speed is. It's a bandwidth limiting deal on Directvs side. I live in a rural area where only 2.0 speed is available. It took me 4 and half hours to load a HD movie. After that, I yanked the ethernet cable and said the heck with it. I have seen other posts in this forum that said it is on Directvs side.

My internet speed is 16meg down and it took me almost 4 hours to download a HD movie on Cinemax which was 2 hours longer then it would have taken to record it while it played.

Are you serious? So all HD movies take hours to download? Is there a way to watch it without recording it? There has to be a faster way to watch the HD movies on VOD or through Cinema. I must be missing something because if you have to take 4 hours to download a movie just to watch it, the VOD and cinema are useless. Does everyone on DTV have this issue?

Thanks.

Same here is have 2 HR24 and recently had a DECA Internet Adapter installed connected via Coax to my SWM switch and my VOD download is extremal slow. I have a 20Mbps Time Warner line. I started downloading Halloween 2 in HD at 5PM yesterday and by 10:30Pm it was still red and at 48%. That is 10 hours for the entire movie. If I run a speed test on my PC I am at 19Mbps easy. They need to change it to Video On Overnight Demand. I ended up renting the movie on my XBOX and that steamed the entire movie in HD using wireless no wait.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)