Slow DVR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

diitto

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 10, 2005
Hi... I've seen some other posts on this topic but I haven't found one that tells me why the following is happening... I have an HR20 that I've had for several years... For maybe the past 6 months or so I've noted that the DVR is extremely slow to change channels and extremely slow to respond to channel numbers being input by the remote. I've read where others seem to have the same problems with other, newer models of DVR's... But I haven't heard any explanations about the WHY!!! Can anyone say why this might be happening, a technical explanation of what might be going on??? Any help would be much appreciated... thanks... bob..

First thing to check, how full is your hard drive? Sometimes having it chock full can slow down the response times.
Next thing to try, go to channel 1 and leave it there for 30 seconds or so. Then push the remote keys in this order:
red, red, blue, blue, yellow, green. You should see nvram cleared in small white letters in the lower left corner.

First thing to check, how full is your hard drive? Sometimes having it chock full can slow down the response times.
Next thing to try, go to channel 1 and leave it there for 30 seconds or so. Then push the remote keys in this order:
red, red, blue, blue, yellow, green. You should see nvram cleared in small white letters in the lower left corner.
Can I do this with a recent HR34??

I don't know for certain, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Mine is terrible, if I use FF I may have to hit play 3 times to get it stop and if I change channels I may have to press the number 3-4 times for it to take by then it's to late and it goes to the last digit I pressed and it's just awful. Yes I've tried 3 sets of new batteries.

Yes it works very well on the HR34.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts