Slow Guide on 722K

On both of my ViP722k's, pressing the MENU button twice (brings up the system info screen) then pressing cancel until I'm back to TV, fixes the slow guide issue.

Both receivers are well-ventilated.

Thanks for that bit of information! The slow response thing pops up for me as well from time to time. It usually persists for the day but performance is back to normal the next morning. I've never figured out what triggers it, but having a work around is even better.

The menu button twice then canceling out has no effect for me and never has.

That trick only worked for me on L662. That post of mine was back in July before L667 was released

So far I've only had a brief period of slowness on one of my 722k's on L680.

Slow guide with L680

That trick only worked for me on L662. That post of mine was back in July before L667 was released

So far I've only had a brief period of slowness on one of my 722k's on L680.

I've had slow guide about 3 times in the past week. I am running L680. By the next day, everything is normal again. There doesn't seem to be any one thing that makes it slow down; but you know it will be slow when you hit the guide button and it takes 3-5 seconds to respond--very frustrating.

I've had slow guide about 3 times in the past week. I am running L680. By the next day, everything is normal again. There doesn't seem to be any one thing that makes it slow down; but you know it will be slow when you hit the guide button and it takes 3-5 seconds to respond--very frustrating.

Bingo.
If the guide comes up immediately, then I know that everything is going to be great.

I have a VIP222K and have the exact problem. It will go for a week or so with no problem then I have to reset the receiver every other day for a week. I called tech support and they just told me to reset the receiver when it does it and blamed the problem on my plasma TV.

I think Dish either doesn't know the cause and will not admit it or they simply don't care, IMHO.

This is problem is frustrating. I wish DISH would find a solution and fix it for good.

In addition to the slow response problem my 722k periodically does not respond to the remote control at all. Some mornings, after the 3AM reboot, the only way I can get it to turn back on is to press the power button on the console. After that the remote works fine. Sometimes I can get it to turn on if I hold the remote right next to the IR sensor but I might as well press the button on the console when I'm that close.

Great timing in finding this thread. I upgraded to HD about 5 weeks ago and got a 722k to replace a 625. I actually insisted on the 722k, although the installer didn't have one on his truck. He wanted me to be satisfied with the install, so he had a co-worker check their warehouse and bring me a 722k. I have noticed that every 4-5 days the guide becomes sluggish, but it seems to "cooperate" if I pause a bit between button depreesions on the remote. I have done a couple of re-boots and I've even been tinkering with the UHF remote antenna position thinking that's the problem. Like some have posted here, I've had no problems with TV2 -- it's only with TV1. But, until I read this thread I figured this was something I'd have to just get accustomed to. Maybe a "fix" will be coming down soon.

There is a chance this could be better by the end of the month.:)
Of course, maybe not as well.
We shall wait and see how things go.
The Dish techs are working on it but I can't say any more than that right now.

I'll keep my fingers crossed.

There is a chance this could be better by the end of the month.:)
Of course, maybe not as well.
We shall wait and see how things go.
The Dish techs are working on it but I can't say any more than that right now.

I am glad I am not the only one with this slow remote control issue. This has been ongoing for at least the last 2-3 software updates, about 6 months or so. I can push a button, and literally 10-15 seconds later the receiver responds. It is especially slow if you do not use the remote for few minutes and then go to use the guide, or change the channel.

My TV responds instantly to volume and input source changes, so I do not think it is a remote issue. I was using the original 722 IR remote (6.0?) and I even bought a new remote 20.0 to try to fix the slowness. I tried hard rebooting the receiver, and no difference. It is frustrating and makes the Dish box almost painful to use.

722 with L674 and 20.0 remote

I am beginning to think that it might be a hardware problem in certain "batches or runs" since neither of my 722ks have had this problem.

same problem, possible solution

Ive been having this same 3 - 5 second delay with the program guide. Now my mother keeps my dvr filled up. When i deleted events to where i had more than 10 hours of HD recording available, everything worked fine. Today i come home, and notice the problem has returned, with 6.5 hours of HD space available. I'm going to backup my events to an external hd (which is free now btw no more $40 activation) and see if that helps. If so I will make sure that Dish network knows more about the problem and a possible solution. I hope this helps somebody out there and please let me know if you guys try this and it helps. :up

Ive been having this same 3 - 5 second delay with the program guide. Now my mother keeps my dvr filled up. When i deleted events to where i had more than 10 hours of HD recording available, everything worked fine. Today i come home, and notice the problem has returned, with 6.5 hours of HD space available. I'm going to backup my events to an external hd (which is free now btw no more $40 activation) and see if that helps. If so I will make sure that Dish network knows more about the problem and a possible solution. I hope this helps somebody out there and please let me know if you guys try this and it helps. :up

Nice idea, and I am glad you posted it, but I do not think that is the problem.
I have had this happen on my 722k with no recorded shows at all.
I currently only have 6 shows recorded and it still does it.

Just wanted to throw my hat into the mix as another customer that has been frustrated with this for months. I have also tried all the workarounds in this thread (thanks for the suggestions), but none have worked. I currently have L682. I really hope this gets fixed soon!

...but you know it will be slow when you hit the guide button and it takes 3-5 seconds to respond--very frustrating.
Yeap, when you hit Guide and nothing happens so you hit it again thinking you didn't press hard enough and then a third time 'cause maybe you weren't pointing in the right direction .... then the guide slowly goes from All Sub > All HD > All Chan (for me, at least) !! :D As others have noted, it comes and goes. It happens on TV2 too also.

Good luck to Dish tracking this one down...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)